By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why not make X into a big Nintendo franchise?

Tagged games:

Fusioncode said:

Gaming websites are completely ignoring it, and it was barely shown during Nintendo's E3 Direct presentation. We've barely gotten any info about the game since it was revealed months ago. It just feels like Nintendo's been ignoring it. 

Game's probably not coming out for over a year. Nintendo's recent history implies they don't exactly focus on games that are that far out from launch. Shoot, half the time they don't even announce a game's existence until a few months before relase. See: New Super Mario Bros. 2 (announced in April, released in August), Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze (announced in June, releases in November).

If we're coming up on a few months before release and it's still all radio silence, I'll join you. But this position is way premature at the moment.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
noname2200 said:
Fusioncode said:
Nintendo doesn't seem to have any interest in promoting this game.

...he asserted, based on _______.

Gaming websites are completely ignoring it, and it was barely shown during Nintendo's E3 Direct presentation. We've barely gotten any info about the game since it was revealed months ago. It just feels like Nintendo's been ignoring it. 

Not even Monolith is making a big deal about it right now. The 1st two videos we got were "teasers"

I expect there to be a full blowout on news soon, but for now, teasing is all we gonna get.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

with correct marketting and such, this could turn out to be the WiiU's FFVII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUC3OoZ-rOA

Fusioncode: Trust me, EVERY website wanted to talk about this game but we couldn't because we had no info on it, we just had the trailer. Every fan and writer wants to know more about this game. We just need more info to cover it.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

The minute the net gets information, screens, developed commentaries, and anything else we can sink our teeth into you'll see X go from a awesome idea to a console selling hype machine.

Around the Network
areason said:
NintendoPie said:
areason said:
Nintendo doesn't have the market which would make X a big franchise.

Yeah, okay. Sure.

OT: I doubt Nintendo really wants to delve all that much into JRPG's. It's nice to have some in-house JRPG's every once and awhile. But creating a major franchise (which costs a lot of money to manage) based around a JRPG is risky. Even with the larger fanbase.

I love how people don't try to prove me wrong, they just laugh at what i say. 

Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube.

KingKazuma34 said:
I think Nintendo is already making Project X into a franchise. It would be different if this were the first game (I know its not a sequel to Xenoblade) But to see Nintendo putting more money into another AAA Jrpg comforts me in that Nintendo is willing to make new ips that are jrpgs

It could very well be a sequel to Xenoblade. Maybe not a sequel in the sense that it features the characters from the game, or follows immediately after, but in the sense that sequentially, it takes place in the world after Xenoblade. Someone suspiciously similar to Shulk is in the first teaser, after all, and I think there are other signs too.

errorpwns said:
areason said:
NintendoPie said:
areason said:

Yeah, okay. Sure.

OT: I doubt Nintendo really wants to delve all that much into JRPG's. It's nice to have some in-house JRPG's every once and awhile. But creating a major franchise (which costs a lot of money to manage) based around a JRPG is risky. Even with the larger fanbase.

Good point, according to this site, its the best selling game in the series.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
errorpwns said:
areason said:
NintendoPie said:
areason said:

Yeah, okay. Sure.

Good point, according to this site, its the best selling game in the series.

Lol.

IsawYoshi said:

People compain that they don't make new IP's and they say they make to many casual games.

Because both complaints are not true. Look at the Wii games from Nintendo, they produced all kinds of games for the Wii. Games like Wii Sport, Sin&Punishment, Wii Party, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Endless Ocean, Xenoblade, Donkey Kong Country, Pandoras Tower, Project Zero 2, Fire Emblem, Kirbys Adventure/Magic Yarn and many many more.

Many of these games are new, some a fresh take on old series and some "only" new entries in their series.

Xenoblade was a little success so Nintendo gave green light for a successor with obviously greater budget. If "X" sells well we will surely see another RPG from Monolith for a Nintendo System.