By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why not make X into a big Nintendo franchise?

Tagged games:

JEMC said:
Pavolink said:
Let's be honest here. 0.84m is more than anyone would have expected for Xenoblade to sell. TLS on the other hand was writed as a FF real succesor, in gameplay and sales (lol, and the I hoped...)

Nintendo has a market for this, the operation and rage from western fans to get localized is a prove of that, plus the good sales while being out of stock at most places.

Also, they are making from X a big deal. While announced 7 months ago it won't be released until next year, and unlike the predecesor, with a worldwide launch.

just to make it clear, it was only the US market that went all rage, etc. We europeans didn't need all that to get the game .

I think everyone grossly overestimates the effect that Operation Rainfall had (if it had any at all).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Nintendo doesn't seem to have any interest in promoting this game.

It's too far away. Nintendo doesn't talk about games that are far away, like how we only learned of DKC: Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World 5 months before their intended release, and Mario Kart 8 only about 9 or 10 months out.

Really, we're lucky we know about X at all. Same with Bayonetta 2.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

outlawauron said:
JEMC said:
Pavolink said:
Let's be honest here. 0.84m is more than anyone would have expected for Xenoblade to sell. TLS on the other hand was writed as a FF real succesor, in gameplay and sales (lol, and the I hoped...)

Nintendo has a market for this, the operation and rage from western fans to get localized is a prove of that, plus the good sales while being out of stock at most places.

Also, they are making from X a big deal. While announced 7 months ago it won't be released until next year, and unlike the predecesor, with a worldwide launch.

just to make it clear, it was only the US market that went all rage, etc. We europeans didn't need all that to get the game .

I think everyone grossly overestimates the effect that Operation Rainfall had (if it had any at all).

If they had given it to XSeed like the other two Op Rainfall games, i would have said it wasn't the effect of Op Rainfall, but a limited run in a special partnership with Gamestop? That's certainly out of the ordinary.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

outlawauron said:
zorg1000 said:
errorpwns said:
areason said:
NintendoPie said:
areason said:
Nintendo doesn't have the market which would make X a big franchise.

Yeah, okay. Sure.

OT: I doubt Nintendo really wants to delve all that much into JRPG's. It's nice to have some in-house JRPG's every once and awhile. But creating a major franchise (which costs a lot of money to manage) based around a JRPG is risky. Even with the larger fanbase.

I love how people don't try to prove me wrong, they just laugh at what i say. 

Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube.

Good point, according to this site, its the best selling game in the series.

After many tears, I've learned not to be trustworthy of VGC NA tracking of JRPGs.

It couls be overtracked but not to the extent that Iit goes from first place to shitty sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
outlawauron said:
zorg1000 said:

After many tears, I've learned not to be trustworthy of VGC NA tracking of JRPGs.

It couls be overtracked but not to the extent that Iit goes from first place to shitty sales.

Well yes, we already discussed what it actually did and why Symphonia sold as well as it did.

OP is saying that he thinks Nintendo has not and likely will not put the effort required to make huge.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
zorg1000 said:
outlawauron said:
zorg1000 said:

Well yes, we already discussed what it actually did and why Symphonia sold as well as it did.

OP is saying that he thinks Nintendo has not and likely will not put the effort required to make huge.

I know I was just disagreeing with the guy that said there Iis no market for RPGs on Nintendo consoles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well in a way I think this is probably Nintendo's big challenge this generation. The Wii U isn't going to sell anywhere close to the Wii, and quite possibly won't sell much better (if at all) than the N64 or GCN.

The key for Nintendo is that the 20-35 million users they likely will get buy a good number of games and support software outside of just Mario/Mario Kart/Zelda.

So how they can push and promote games like X and Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 and even Donkey Kong Country is going to be a bit of a challenge for them.

My personal feeling is the best thing Nintendo can do for these games is make limited edition retail releases and then also offer strong discounts on the eShop.

I.E. -- You buy Bayonetta 2 and you get $25 off X or vice versa on the eshop. Stuff like that.

Khan is right, it's too far away to judge and like we've said we don't know anything about it for sure. You know outside of that it looks epic and has mechs and giant monsters and stuff like that.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Soundwave said:

Well in a way I think this is probably Nintendo's big challenge this generation. The Wii U isn't going to sell anywhere close to the Wii, and quite possibly won't sell much better (if at all) than the N64 or GCN.

The key for Nintendo is that the 20-35 million users they likely will get buy a good number of games and support software outside of just Mario/Mario Kart/Zelda.

So how they can push and promote games like X and Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 and even Donkey Kong Country is going to be a bit of a challenge for them.

My personal feeling is the best thing Nintendo can do for these games is make limited edition retail releases and then also offer strong discounts on the eShop.

I.E. -- You buy Bayonetta 2 and you get $25 off X or vice versa on the eshop. Stuff like that.

Why would Donkey Kong be a challenge?

Yeah how is Tropical Freeze a challenge? It's made by Retro who are awesome, it's predecessor sold over a million copies, and it's Donkey Kong, so where's the problem?

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!