By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why not make X into a big Nintendo franchise?

Tagged games:

People compain that they don't make new IP's and they say they make to many casual games. So why not mke X a bigtime franchise? X certainly has the potential to spawn a great series, or continue it, and if Nintendo marketed the hell out of it they might have a new Zelda in their hands.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Just a little something here: Remember Twilight Princess? You know, that hardcore game not for kids, only on Nintendo consoles made by Nintendo themselves that sold over 6.81 millions on wii (not even mentioning gamecube sales)? If that game does it, Nintendo should be able to reach at least 4 millions if they went in for it (and got a bit lucky of cource).

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn't have the market which would make X a big franchise.

It's a JRPG. Turning a JRPG into a major franchise these days is tough, and Nintendo hasn't shown me that they have the marketing power to pull it off.

areason said:

Uhh... no.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
areason said:

Uhh... no.

Then why did skyward sword sell less then wind walker? And if yes why doesn't the wii u currently have jrpgs? 

Around the Network

I am truly baffled by this as well. I recently purchased the heavily discounted WiiU basic for $149.99 at Target specifically to play this game! Given Xenoblade's cult status Nintendo really should be pushing this!

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

areason said:

Yeah, okay. Sure.

OT: I doubt Nintendo really wants to delve all that much into JRPG's. It's nice to have some in-house JRPG's every once and awhile. But creating a major franchise (which costs a lot of money to manage) based around a JRPG is risky. Even with the larger fanbase.

NintendoPie said:
areason said:

Yeah, okay. Sure.

OT: I doubt Nintendo really wants to delve all that much into JRPG's. It's nice to have some in-house JRPG's every once and awhile. But creating a major franchise (which costs a lot of money to manage) based around a JRPG is risky. Even with the larger fanbase.

I love how people don't try to prove me wrong, they just laugh at what i say. 

Xenoblade has shown the demand is certainly there for a title like this, and I do believe a series could do a million plus on a regular basis.

I also believe they will market it heavily. I mean, they showed it in January FGS. At the end of that mega Direct, so they knew people wanted it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

areason said:

I love how people don't try to prove me wrong, they just laugh at what i say. 

It's funny because you are just completely wrong. Research for yourself. Then make a post.