By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why not make X into a big Nintendo franchise?

Tagged games:

Because RPG players are 'depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games'.

Around the Network
areason said:

I love how people don't try to prove me wrong, they just laugh at what i say. 

You are the one who is spewing out shit without anything to backup with it. You are the one who should prove yourself right. 

Skywards Sword's sales is because of a add-on that is required and because that Wii was dying. Then again Ocarina remake sold 3mil+, so that makes your previous post irrelevant.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

areason said:
Nintendo doesn't have the market which would make X a big franchise.

Yup, that's why Xenoblade completely sold out in the US (why the hell didn't Nintendo reprint?) and now moves $100 for a USED copy. Oh wait...

areason said:
NintendoPie said:
areason said:

Yeah, okay. Sure.

OT: I doubt Nintendo really wants to delve all that much into JRPG's. It's nice to have some in-house JRPG's every once and awhile. But creating a major franchise (which costs a lot of money to manage) based around a JRPG is risky. Even with the larger fanbase.

So noone played xenoblade chronicles? Nintendo gamers sure hate RPG's.... you are lost, thats why we laugh.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

...why not wait until we know how X will be received, granted: It is very likely that it will be great and sell quite well (for a non FF JRPG on the WiiU)....I don´t want Nintendo to pull a Final Fantasy XV on X (talking about Sequels when the original is still far away)

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
areason said:

Uhh... no.

Most insighful retort ever.

areason said:
NintendoPie said:
areason said:

Yeah, okay. Sure.

OT: I doubt Nintendo really wants to delve all that much into JRPG's. It's nice to have some in-house JRPG's every once and awhile. But creating a major franchise (which costs a lot of money to manage) based around a JRPG is risky. Even with the larger fanbase.

Alright then. Let me ask you this: Why exactly can't Nintendo make this into a major franchise? You've seen how Xenoblade did, no? And that was on an effectively dead system in the West, and the outcry from GameStop should make it obvious that people want the game. 

Now imagine the game like X with better graphics, coming out at the peak of the system's life, with major advertising and that fan are from Xenoblade already on the system. With the demand Xenoblade has seen, X should have a plentiful supply. That's a game which should easily double Xenoblades sales, so we are looking at maybe 1.5mil. Is that a major franchise to you? Nintendo certainly has the money for it, and initial responses have been strong. Nintendo knows this is what people want, and the Directs should prove they have an interest in marketing the game. And it all seems perfectly possible. Saying a intends doesn't have the audience is foolish, because if the game looks good, people will buy the system. Looking on this forum alone should confirm this to you.

So now, it's your turn. Explain to me why YOU believe Nintendo could never possibly make this game into a franchise, because they don't have a market on a struggling system which has been out for less than a year. Or will you just laugh instead or proving me wrong, I wonder?

Finally, people won't respond to you properly unless you post your opinion in depth. Had you backed up your thoughts and NinPie had said that, I may have reported him, or pointed it out to him. Then, you would be in the right. But you can't expect deep responses ifnyounput in no effort in the first place.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I seriously cannot wait for this game

Anyway, it seems like nintendo has given this game quite a decent budget, so i hope it sells enough to warrent a sequel, xenoblade flopping in japan isn't helping my confidence though

it has the potential to be a hit - don't expect it to do zelda or donkey kong numbers

I agree that Nintendo could turn this game into a franchise... if it weren't by the fact that they are already doing it, it started with Xenoblade Chronicles and this game is the next installment into that franchise.

It's like the Final Fantasy franchise where every game shares the name and some elements (chocobos, the name of the invocations, etc) but have different characters and story.

And you can't compare this game to Zelda. This is a truly RPG while Zelda lost its RPG-ness a long time ago, now it's an adventure game with some RPG elements on it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.