By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why not make X into a big Nintendo franchise?

Tagged games:

KHlover said:
areason said:
Nintendo doesn't have the market which would make X a big franchise.

Yup, that's why Xenoblade completely sold out in the US (why the hell didn't Nintendo reprint?) and now moves $100 for a USED copy. Oh wait...

Not to mention that the game barely got any advertisment.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
I seriously cannot wait for this game

Anyway, it seems like nintendo has given this game quite a decent budget, so i hope it sells enough to warrent a sequel, xenoblade flopping in japan isn't helping my confidence though

I think it was just too late for Japan, sadly. X should do much better, and FE is showing that Nintendo are willing to push games of this nature.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Sounds good to me.

They could use the positive PR of new "core" IP, Xenoblade's already got a great rep, and it would play off well against the rest of their stable by offering something very different from the rest. (Much like Metroid already does)

Man, it's TORTURE that they've shown us such ridiculously amazing footage of X, yet we still know so little about it...

That would be pretty cool, if Nintendo actually makes enough copies this time.

JEMC said:
I agree that Nintendo could turn this game into a franchise... if it weren't by the fact that they are already doing it, it started with Xenoblade Chronicles and this game is the next installment into that franchise.

It's like the Final Fantasy franchise where every game shares the name and some elements (chocobos, the name of the invocations, etc) but have different characters and story.

And you can't compare this game to Zelda. This is a truly RPG while Zelda lost its RPG-ness a long time ago, now it's an adventure game with some RPG elements on it.

I'm not comparing it to Zelda as an RPG. As you said, Zelda ain't much of an RPG any more. However, Zelda TP showed that a "mature" game can get quite a large audience on Nintendo systems. Of cource the game was backed up a lot by it's name, Zelda, but Zelda fans, and there are millions of them, show that there is a place for dedicated gamers that like more than Wii Play. And to me, it shows me that Nintendo still have the potential to start up big time franchises (sales wise).

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
That would be pretty cool, if Nintendo actually makes enough copies this time.

With such a big budget (I'm going to assume the game has that :D) they will probably try to print as many copies as they can sell. And there's a 99% chance for it to come to the e-shop too.

areason said:
Mr Khan said:
areason said:

Uhh... no.

Then why did skyward sword sell less then wind walker? And if yes why doesn't the wii u currently have jrpgs? 

choice of picking TP (over 8mil) or SS (3.5mil). Yeahhhhhh? SS was a good game, to many people b****ed about motion controls, thats it. Why do people always pick the lowest selling game to prove a point i wonder? Its like one guy claiming pokemon sales went wy down and they were comparing red/blue (33mil) vs bw2(6.5mil) and bw2 isn't even a new gen pair game O.o..... OT: X should be the FF for Nintendo!!!

I think they will. After the unexpected critical and commercial success of Xenoblade, they know they have something special. The series would be the spiritual successor to FF which was once a key part of a Nintendo system line up. With a proper release and promotion the X series could become big. I expect X to more than double Xenoblade's sales, and if they maintain quality levels the series could join FF and Elder Scrolls as a mainstream RPG sales success.

NintendoPie said:
areason said:

I love how people don't try to prove me wrong, they just laugh at what i say. 

It's funny because you are just completely wrong. Research for yourself. Then make a post.

Research what? The wii never had the rpg market, neither will the wii u, xenoblade and the last story didn't even reach one million and the wii u will never have the same userbase as the wii. 

KHlover said:
areason said:

Yup, that's why Xenoblade completely sold out in the US (why the hell didn't Nintendo reprint?) and now moves $100 for a USED copy. Oh wait...

0.84 lifetime sales doesn't mean it is a big franchise, even if nintendo printed more copies max it would have sold 200k more copies.