By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda: Wii U is "not on our radar". "It's largely a hardware thing."

Tagged games:

To be honest Elder Scroll games should just stay on PC, they play terrible on consoles, and I think everyone is going to be pissed about this , but its the truth, also they're very modding heavy.

Around the Network

Frankly, Bethesda's announced games are nothing special. The MMO, yeah, can't blame them for that. It wouldn't have anyone playing the Wii U version unless they substituted the Super Mutants out for cute forest creatures.

It's the games they HAVEN'T announced that will hurt, like Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls: Really Massive With Lots of Stuff. That being said, I'd never, ever buy those games on a console, anyway. Bethesda games, to me, are PC only. No, seriously, playing on the PC means you have access to much better weapons, armor, textures, character models, NPCs, and even bug fixes, thanks to mods from other players.

noname2200 said:
But the system's made for easy porting and the controller's so you don't have to do work in bringing over your games and everything and Iwata sad panda now

they could barely get the damn games running on PS360(especially PS3) no one could have really expected to try with Wii U

After playing Skyrim on my PS3..... you're not on my radar either, Bethesda...

"Are you surprised?"

I'm surprised Shinji Mikami isn't throwing a tantrum and threatening to cut off his own head again.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
VGPolyglot said:
The only games that Bethesda ever published for a Nintendo console are:
Puzznic (NES)
Star Trek: Tactical Assault (DS)
Star Trek: Conquest (Wii)
Ducati Moto (DS)

Bully (Wii) and Wheelspin (Wii) were published by Bestheda in Japan and Europe, respectively.

I genuinely can't believe I missed that.  I just checked the cover of my copy and you are indeed correct!

Wow, you bought a Star Trek game?  I'm not sure if I'm impressed or just shocked.  O _o

pokoko said:

Wow, you bought a Star Trek game?  I'm not sure if I'm impressed or just shocked.  O _o

It seemed like a good idea at the time.  Plus, it was £5.  I've spent more money on worse games before!

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
But the system's made for easy porting and the controller's so you don't have to do work in bringing over your games and everything and Iwata sad panda now

It's largely a hardware thing. Here's how it works:

"Is the hardware in question Nintendo? If yes, that's a problem."

Until Nintendo solves this problem, they will be out of luck.

Well that's easy enough to fix: a couple hundred bucks to form a new corporation, and we'll have the new Not-endo Wee U, now with the latest third-party titles!

I think they are just being honest. It is a hardware thing more than a sales thing.
The wii sold "billions" and yet had little third party support because of weak hardware and poor third party sales with certain genres of games.

This is a business and they have to choose what they think is financially best for them, not waste money on developing games to keep a handful of gamers happy. I do not have data regarding Bethesda game sales on the wii platform but I dont think it can be that impressive, meaning I don't think this is a major blow for either side, especially Bethseda.

Carl2291 said:
Daisuke72 said:

Or maybe they don't want to compromise their vision by putting it on weak hardware and dumbing it down?

You mean, like how they did when they released games on the PS3 and 360?

When they made the engines for those games the PS3 and 360 were new and the most powerful consoles available. There's a reason (actually, probably 2 reasons) why Morrowind never made it to PS2 even though it had the largest user base.

OT: Completely expected. If they release the same games (from PC/PS4/X1) on PS3/360 but not WiiU then there's obviously a non-hardware issue, but I see no reason not to believe them until someone proves otherwise.

Edit- Just realised the games in the OP are also coming to PS3/360, so this isn't solely a hardware issue.