By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Orders 3rd aug PS4 on FIRE!

The end of the year is gonna be pretty crazy.

We have GTA, CoD, Battlefield, AC, and Pokemon all releasing. That's five massive franchises releasing within 1.5 months. No wonder some of them are underperforming, there's too much competition.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
The end of the year is gonna be pretty crazy.

We have GTA, CoD, Battlefield, AC, and Pokemon all releasing. That's five massive franchises releasing within 1.5 months. No wonder some of them are underperforming, there's too much competition.

add to that a lot of people are buying next gen consoles, so they naturally will have less money to spend on games

bananaking21 said:
Anfebious said:
007BondAgent said:
Pokémon X/Y (3DS)
Nintendo, Role-Playing
10 5,858 106,467
Pokemon Black Version (DS)
Nintendo, Role-Playing
10 21,681 134,537

X & Y is starting to lag behind

Wow they are rather low on comparison. Somehow I don't notice much hype for the game.

probably due to PS4 taking all the attention

Corrected!!!

i've never really trusted the pre-order numbers and i'm not going to start now but.. go ps4 go!

NobleTeam360 said:
bananaking21 said:
Anfebious said:
007BondAgent said:
Pokémon X/Y (3DS)
Nintendo, Role-Playing
10 5,858 106,467
Nintendo, Role-Playing
10 21,681 134,537

Wow they are rather low on comparison. Somehow I don't notice much hype for the game.

probably due to PS4 taking all the attention

Corrected!!!

umm PS4 and xbox one please. PS4 is getting the attention, and xbox one is taking all the bashing

Around the Network

No way Xillia launches 100k+ FW.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

X/Y will open lower than B/W did, simply because of the install bases of each platform.

This doesnt mean B/W will outsell X/Y lifetime, though.

Diamond and Pearl opened up to 1.16 Million units in America on a userbase of ~10.5 Million units. Black and White opened up to 1.9 Million units in America on a userbase of ~47.5(!) Million units.

Diamond and Pearl simply had far, far better legs because it was there from the start. It sold 1 Million units more than B/W in America despite being beaten at launch by over 700,000 units. X/Y will have this advantage over Black and White, and will likely go on to sell more units lifetime providing the 3DS stays strong over the next 2/3 Years.

007BondAgent said:
Pokémon X/Y (3DS)
Nintendo, Role-Playing
10 5,858 106,467
Nintendo, Role-Playing
10 21,681 134,537

They will make it on the long run, as always

outlawauron said:
No way Xillia launches 100k+ FW.

Yeah, I'd be very happy with 80K numbers for it, anything above that is fantastic from my perspective.

Alright, after seeing those numbers for PS4 can we expect another 180 by Microsoft???