By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Orders 3rd aug PS4 on FIRE!

The sudden PS4 boost could be for a number of reasons and likely more than one. Sales that weren't accurately tallied in the last report because they were too close to a deadline for the numbers. Perhaps this reflects mutliple "pay days" in which people blew some more money on pre-orders. Also have to consider that not everyone gets paid weekly. Plenty of people get bi-weekly checks. There could also be numbers that weren't previously available for whatever reason. Amazon releasing more bundles likely helped. It could also be a surge in interest for the PS4 for any number of reasons. People who wanted it and some games for it but had to wait for whatever reason or just finally decided to drop the money on it. Regardless, whoever it was that wanted to be quoted that the XOne versions of BF4 and Ghosts were going to surpass the pre-orders of the PS4 versions might want to reconsider their statement with these numbers.

Around the Network

Awesome news for PS4 this week.

Its a shame to see COD Ghosts doing better than BF4 on the x1... I mean why would people bother to get the lower gen quality game on the next gen console?

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

legend92(3) said:
anamme said:
Those PS4 game preorders...something strange is going on. Around 20k for each game? Why the sudden boost?

I assume these numbers represent the fact amazon made more bundles available?

when did they make them available? these number are just up to the 3rd of august

X/Y is gonna lag behind B/W initially folks! DS had an install base of 45m+ by then in NA. I still hope it starts picking up :(

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
legend92(3) said:
anamme said:
Those PS4 game preorders...something strange is going on. Around 20k for each game? Why the sudden boost?

I assume these numbers represent the fact amazon made more bundles available?

when did they make them available? these number are just up to the 3rd of august

24th of July they had more available

if these are all from bundles then should we be expecting an 80k+ at launch for ps4 sales?

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Anfebious said:
007BondAgent said:
Pokémon X/Y (3DS)
Nintendo, Role-Playing
10 5,858 106,467
Pokemon Black Version (DS)
Nintendo, Role-Playing
10 21,681 134,537

X & Y is starting to lag behind

Wow they are rather low on comparison. Somehow I don't notice much hype for the game.

the installed bases have an almost 5:1 difference.

areason said:
zumnupy10 said:
It all points to Watch Dogs being another success of Ubisoft.

Not yet, currently it is flopping on all other platforms. 

The game is being marketed as a next-gen game. That's Why I think current gen versions are doing bad.

Also I don't think Xbone numbers are right.

Zero999 said:
Anfebious said:

Wow they are rather low on comparison. Somehow I don't notice much hype for the game.

the installed bases have an almost 5:1 difference.

Well yeah if we consider that then they are okay I guess. 

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"