By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Orders 3rd aug PS4 on FIRE!

Dark_Feanor said:
So, VGChartz, do you want me to belive that COD Ghosts on the PS4 preorders are TWICE as many of the 360 preoders this week???

Well, this dosen´t make sense at all.

How does it not make sense? Theres probably 2x the Pre-orders of the PS4 console in the U.S so this seems just about right.

Around the Network

Dark_Feanor said:

So, you are telling that retailers received a batch,... a batch, of a product that is not been manufactured or shiped any where in the world?

So, out of the blue, duzens of thousands americans rush to Game Stop and Amazon and preordered PS4 games that every body knows won´t suffers any supply issues... only PS4, no PS3, no 360, no One boost, only PS4 games...

Ok, I belive in that.

VGChartz numbers for preorders are a mess. But this last week was a affront.

A new batch of preorder spot

pezus said:
zorg1000 said:
pezus said:
zorg1000 said:
pezus said:

I'm just saying that there is a trend for Pokemon sales declining in the West, with the only exception being Diamond/Pearl thus far. Black/White 2 being a bit undertracked does not change the point at all.

My conclusion is based on history. You denied said history that bananaking decided to use for his prediction. I'm just saying that this history is right, and thus there wasn't anything "stupid" about his post.

Black/White 2 should not be up there, its not a nee gen and is the equivelent of Crystal/Emerald/Platinum

While I haven't played it, BW2 to my knowledge is a completely new game while Crystal/Emerald/Platinum are older games with some new features.

They are all new games but just expand upon there respective generation. B/W2 Iis the same gen as B/W.

You know what I mean. Pokemon Yellow is very much like Red/Blue, Crystal is very much like Gold/Silver etc. It's basically an enhanced version of it. BW2 is entirely new. It's not the same thing. Still, I did note that BW2 shouldn't count because it released so late and because it's the first real sequel.

Ya I know what u mean but its not a brand new generation so I dont think it should be compared as such. Its basically just the third installment that they decided to shake things up and try something new with it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

pezus said:
007BondAgent said:
outlawauron said:
007BondAgent said:
outlawauron said:
Phew, you're using shipped numbers to compare to what VGC said is sold. While it's very likely to be undertracked, there are still hundreds of thousands of copies on store shelves.

Those numbers are way to precise to be considered "shipped" and where in the article does it say these numbers are actually shipped? or any article regarding these sales for that matter

Anyone time a publisher releases sales information, it is ALWAYS shipped. The only way we can know how much something has been sold (ie. from retailers by you and me) is whenever a tracking service (ex. NPD, Media Create, Famitsu, Chart Track, etc.) release numbers. They're the only ones that have this information.

Nintendo does do some internal tracking for Europe, but that's done in coordination with European trackers.

Once again, the numbers are far to precise to be shipped, and your acting like recieving raw numbers is impossible, and what about gears of war 3's first week numbers? they weren't shipped at all.. so that kind off ruins the always part off your comment

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Shipped or sold?

Receiving raw sales numbers (to consumers) is borderline impossible.

What do you consider npd numbers then? shipped or sold

007BondAgent said:
pezus said:
007BondAgent said:
outlawauron said:
007BondAgent said:
outlawauron said:
Phew, you're using shipped numbers to compare to what VGC said is sold. While it's very likely to be undertracked, there are still hundreds of thousands of copies on store shelves.

Those numbers are way to precise to be considered "shipped" and where in the article does it say these numbers are actually shipped? or any article regarding these sales for that matter

Anyone time a publisher releases sales information, it is ALWAYS shipped. The only way we can know how much something has been sold (ie. from retailers by you and me) is whenever a tracking service (ex. NPD, Media Create, Famitsu, Chart Track, etc.) release numbers. They're the only ones that have this information.

Nintendo does do some internal tracking for Europe, but that's done in coordination with European trackers.

Once again, the numbers are far to precise to be shipped, and your acting like recieving raw numbers is impossible, and what about gears of war 3's first week numbers? they weren't shipped at all.. so that kind off ruins the always part off your comment

Shipped or sold?

Sold, because they're tracking the number of copies sold at retailers such as GameStop, WalMart, Amazon, etc. They report their data to their subscribers (which includes every major publisher) and only show a all platforms combined top 10.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
007BondAgent said:
pezus said:
007BondAgent said:
outlawauron said:
007BondAgent said:
outlawauron said:

Shipped or sold?

Sold, because they're tracking the number of copies sold at retailers such as GameStop, WalMart, Amazon, etc. They report their data to their subscribers (which includes every major publisher) and only show a all platforms combined top 10.

Nintendo manages to recieve data from europe, and npd and mediacreate tells us the rest

It's not that hard to find raw numbers anymore

Next gen pre-order numbers just shot up.