By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Orders 3rd aug PS4 on FIRE!

I don't trust these PS4 numbers one bit. If they are accurate, thrn we're in for a damn good launch.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
I don't trust these PS4 numbers one bit. If they are accurate, thrn we're in for a damn good launch.

well it goes in line with what we been hearing a lot lately. we been hearing a lot of news about how good the PS4 pre-orders have been, maybe this week is just adjustments for other previous weeks, maybe other factors as amazing reopening pre-orders again helped too. 

im not saying these numbers are accurate, but i feel they might be reflecting what is really happening with the PS4, i dont know about the X1 though

Who compiles the Pre order chart ? Is it a VGC intel thing?

I bet it was because of that bogus video Ubisoft released making current gen versions of watchdogs look like a Xbox/Vita title.

Looking at the overall picture it seems like adjustments on the numbers though.

Beyond 2 souls is up there? I'm shocked. And GTA on top of COD : as it should be.

Around the Network

Although launch PS4 became available again though Amazon toward the end of the previous week, it wasn't until last week that launch PS4s became available in other outlets like gamestop and Bestbuy. The previous weeks number probably didn't show too much of an increase because it was only amazon for two days or so.

Xbone only has after launch systems available so people re probably in a wait and see mode to see iflaunch systems become available.

I actually expected a 10k increase, but 20 k across the board is awesome...

ps4:

watch dogs = 21k
battlefield 4 = 23k
cod: ghosts = 21k
killzone: sf = 18k

Xone:

cod: ghosts = 3k
battlefield 4 = 2k
no exclusive

This

I was almost sure COD ghosts (one version) will surpass eventually the ps4 version, now I'm not so sure anymore. PS4 is really on fire in USA, I can't imagine how things are in the rest of the world.

Troll_Whisperer said:
The end of the year is gonna be pretty crazy.

We have GTA, CoD, Battlefield, AC, and Pokemon all releasing. That's five massive franchises releasing within 1.5 months. No wonder some of them are underperforming, there's too much competition.

Its the end of a generation so their is not a lot of buzz, the cod game is "new ip" in the cod franchise so it wasn't going to pass black ops 2 anyways, then their is the fact that big hitters like ac4/bf4 aren't such an upgrade from their previous title and that other games like splinter cell/batman have recieved barely any marketing. 

Great very happy for PS4 / PS3 games. Hope Shadow Fall will have even a better boost with news videos and previews....

Conegamer said:

What I don't believe in are the Xbone numbers, they seem too poor.