By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Orders 3rd aug PS4 on FIRE!

bananaking21 said:

Wow they are rather low on comparison. Somehow I don't notice much hype for the game.

probably due to PS4+X1 taking all the attention

Yeah but come on! It's Pokemon! One of Nintendo's most lucrative franchises! But if so good for the X1 and the PS4.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
bananaking21 said:

Wow they are rather low on comparison. Somehow I don't notice much hype for the game.

Yeah but come on! It's Pokemon! One of Nintendo's most lucrative franchises! But if so good for the X1 and the PS4.

im just one of those people who think the franchise will continue to decline in the west

bananaking21 said:

im just one of those people who think the franchise will continue to decline in the west

Well if you start from the first game to the last... The sales show that it has been on decline on each passing gen.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

bananaking21 said:
Anfebious said:
bananaking21 said:

3rd person pokemon mmorpg incoming 

How come the sudden ps4 boost?

Around the Network
anamme said:
Those PS4 game preorders...something strange is going on. Around 20k for each game? Why the sudden boost?

I think that the same group of people that preordered their PS4 also preordered the games to ensure they could get them.  That seems to make sense to me anyway.  I still don't think that preorders are tracked very well by anyone(outside sources from the vendors/retailers themselves).

jimi13 said:
ps4:

watch dogs = 21k
battlefield 4 = 23k
cod: ghosts = 21k
killzone: sf = 18k

Xone:

cod: ghosts = 3k
battlefield 4 = 2k
no exclusive

is this differnece due to demand or is it some other factor involved? in either case microsoft needs to step their game up...

Could be just adjustments. Notice that ps4 sold 10x the amount this week but are only around 2x the total number sales.

It all points to Watch Dogs being another success of Ubisoft.

zumnupy10 said:
It all points to Watch Dogs being another success of Ubisoft.

Not yet, currently it is flopping on all other platforms. 

anamme said:
Those PS4 game preorders...something strange is going on. Around 20k for each game? Why the sudden boost?

I assume these numbers represent the fact amazon made more bundles available?