By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - About Twenty Companies Including Sega Made a Bid on Atlus, 20 Billion Yen Offered

Was Sega the only game company to make an offer? And where is Sega getting this money?

Around the Network

Go to Nintendo because i am a biased turd

-I want Nintendo to buy them.
Just to see the meltdown coming from it...
-Do it Nintendo!
Just for that... :)

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

pezus said:
SEGA looking to buy the world? They just bought Relic a few months ago.

that is the master plan! buy all developers and then dreamcast 2 bam!

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
-I want Nintendo to buy them.
Just to see the meltdown coming from it...
-Do it Nintendo!
Just for that... :)

Just for that? I really hope not, I love Atlus and I would hate to see their games being touched. The best thing for them is for a third party studio!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Was Sega the only game company to make an offer? And where is Sega getting this money?

I hope it wasn't the only game-company. And Sega is owned by Sammy, the whole is named SegaSammy, and they have the money. I think Sammy makes money with Pachinko, but could be wrong.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

darkknightkryta said:

If it wasn't for the Sammy part of Sega (SegaSammy) I would be asking the samething.

Also, I really hope not. Atlus being owned by a non-gaming company last time obviously didn't end up well.

please not sega, please not sega.

Mnementh said:
darkknightkryta said:

I hope it wasn't the only game-company. And Sega is owned by Sammy, the whole is named SegaSammy, and they have the money. I think Sammy makes money with Pachinko, but could be wrong.

No you are right, Sammy is one of if not the biggest Pachinko makers in Asia.

Sadly, in recent years under the current management, this will likely end in the scenario many fear, in that while absorbing Atlus for their IPs and distrubution networks, all we will see out of the company in the future would be the usual Persona or SMT games due to their popularity. Experimentation outside of mobile cash farms and the indie scene will be officially dead among the bigger Japanese publishers. One would hope Atlus' western branches would be fine but most likely those working there should get ready to grind for new jobs if Atlus is absorbed into another game company that already has its own American branch.

What's so bad about Sega?