By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - About Twenty Companies Including Sega Made a Bid on Atlus, 20 Billion Yen Offered

kupomogli said:
tiffac said:
I would be excited for Sega, but they have an awful record for localizing their games.

This.  If I didn't want to play Atlus games then I'd hope Sega bought it.  There are so many games this gen that I wanted to play but didn't get localized.

Time to learn japanese guys! xD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

No SONY!

SEGA Would give Atlus what they wanted no problem. All SEGA's partners for bettrr or for Worse get to do what ever the hell they want.

Xxain said:
No SONY!

SEGA Would give Atlus what they wanted no problem. All SEGA's partners for bettrr or for Worse get to do what ever the hell they want.

The problem is,

We don't get the games. And SEGA makes a lot of stupid decisions which do have a big impact.

GungHo/Marvelous/Nintendo/Namdai/Sony.

The reason SEGA does not localize their games is because they are selfishly targeted just for Japan or PSP is so dead here its not worth it. Atlus has global popularity. This is not a forceful takeover. Do you think Atlus would allow themselves to get bought but then have their games restricted. Im sure Atlus expects anybody who buys to be comfortable with localizing their game. SEGA and Atlus would be great for each other.

Xxain said:

The reason SEGA does not localize their games is because they are selfishly targeted just for Japan or PSP is so dead here its not worth it. Atlus has global popularity. This is not a forceful takeover. Do you think Atlus would allow themselves to get bought but then have their games restricted. Im sure Atlus expects anybody who buys to be comfortable with localizing their game. SEGA and Atlus would be great for each other.

That's not really true, if you look at other companies, such as Xseed, Artdink, and NISA, who made a bunch of localizations of PSP games recently and released them on the PSN store. If they can make money, is there any reason why Valk. Chronicles 3 or the new Shining Force wouldn't?

This only has a point if SEGA manages to concede to many, many Atlus demands. And that's not likely, IMO.

Around the Network

Sega Sammy are going to kill Atlus USA just like they did with Sega West ...
Gung Ho and Namco to a certain extent would be perfect ...

But , just for the sh1tfest I'd love to see a First Party snatching Atlus , lolz

Xen said:
Xxain said:

That's not really true, if you look at other companies, such as Xseed, Artdink, and NISA, who made a bunch of localizations of PSP games recently and released them on the PSN store. If they can make money, is there any reason why Valk. Chronicles 3 or the new Shining Force wouldn't?

This only has a point if SEGA manages to concede to many, many Atlus demands. And that's not likely, IMO.

No, you cant compare profit expectation from a big company to a small company. Could Valk 3 make profit? probably, but enough for SEGA or other big company to even care? obviously not. I dont even believe White Knight Chronicles made over to America and that's SONY own IP! You gonna hold that against them?

SE didnt even bring Type 0 overand that has Final Fantasy in title. They were disappointed with Dissidia sells also. C'mon its not just SEGA

LordPusha said:
Sega Sammy are going to kill Atlus USA just like they did with Sega West ...
Gung Ho and Namco to a certain extent would be perfect ...

But , just for the sh1tfest I'd love to see a First Party snatching Atlus , lolz

SEGA west killed themselves.

Xxain said:
Xen said:
Xxain said:

No, you cant compare profit expectation from a big company to a small company. Could Valk 3 make profit? probably, but enough for SEGA or other big company to even care? obviously not. I dont even believe White Knight Chronicles made over to America and that's SONY own IP! You gonna hold that against them?

No. I have WKC Origins I got in Europe

While that may be true, it's stupid not to try, especially when some random people on internet gaming communities make a fan translation of the game for free. The game is out there - and distributing on a network saves you a LOT of money.

SEGA isn't much of a risk taker, and not much of a fan pleaser these days. Namco for example is much more, which is hilarious, given where they were a few years ago.