By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - About Twenty Companies Including Sega Made a Bid on Atlus, 20 Billion Yen Offered

I'd be ok with Sega or Konami buying Atlus.

Around the Network

what? 200m is nothing for Nintendo!

I honestly thought the company would sell for more than that...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

come on Sony!! I want my trophies for Persona 5!!!!

Conegamer said:
No doubt Sony and Nintendo will be amongst the bidders. I hope it goes to one of those.

I am hoping this was a joke.

OT: This whole Atlus ordeal has really brought out the worst in some people.

I'm still hoping for it to be GungHo.  But please, not SEGA.

Kresnik said:
Conegamer said:
No doubt Sony and Nintendo will be amongst the bidders. I hope it goes to one of those.

I heard a lot of people asking for GungHo but I don't know them! xD. Who are they? As long as they benefit Atlus I'm cool

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Conegamer said:

As long as it is a first party that is not Microsoft, we'll be fine.

Remember: a first party equals SE, Capcom, SEGA, and other franchise mobilers, non-localizers, and destroyers, not getting them.

C'MON SEGA!!!!

Xxain said:
C'MON SEGA!!!!

C'mon and stay the hell away SEGA!!

Sounds pretty expensive after Rare and Retro and Monolith.

Is this just Atlus or Index's divisions as well?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

tiffac said:
I would be excited for Sega, but they have an awful record for localizing their games.

This.  If I didn't want to play Atlus games then I'd hope Sega bought it.  There are so many games last gen that I wanted to play but didn't get localized.  One game this gen already with Phantasy Star Online 2 Episodes 1 and 2 still have yet to come over despite the fact that the western release was supposed to be Q1 2013 according to the first official Sega announcement.  Now?  Probably never going to see the light of day in the west.