By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - About Twenty Companies Including Sega Made a Bid on Atlus, 20 Billion Yen Offered

hikaruchan said:
Wait what no love for Koei Tecmo?

They need to get their own house in order outside of annual Dynasty Warrior style games before they should worry about buying Atlus (who I think is bigger then them aswell).

Seriously, Itagaki left/got fired they can't even keep Dead or Alive or Ninja Gaiden on track for more then two installment at a time, what are they going to do with a successful RPG franchise with a beloved spinoff and multiple cross media projects? 

Around the Network
NoirSon said:
hikaruchan said:

They need to get their own house in order outside of annual Dynasty Warrior style games before they should worry about buying Atlus (who I think is bigger then them aswell).

Seriously, Itagaki left/got fired they can't even keep Dead or Alive or Ninja Gaiden on track for more then two installment at a time, what are they going to do with a successful RPG franchise with a beloved spinoff and multiple cross media projects? 

Who do you think owns this? 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

If Sega was to win the bidding war Altus would die quicker.

hikaruchan said:

Id love that but I dont think they have enough money to buy them.

Anfebious said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
-I want Nintendo to buy them.
Just to see the meltdown coming from it...
-Do it Nintendo!
Just for that... :)

Just for that? I really hope not, I love Atlus and I would hate to see their games being touched. The best thing for them is for a third party studio!

i agree with you but if nintendo or sony won then more games would be localised and quicker so i being selfish, plus wii u and vita havent been touched for a while so need games

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
NoirSon said:
hikaruchan said:

Up until 2011, that entire series was run by the developer Gust before they got bought out making Toei Kemco maybe responisble for what 5 games in that series, 2 of which were remakes. And really that series isn't exactly major outside of its niche.

Also WOW, the Atelier games really? That is a huge insult, with you putting the Shin Megami Tensei franchise in the same category as Atelier games. Shin Megami Tensei (or MegaTen for short in Japan) has spawned 9 different animated projects (movies, tv series, OVAs, etc.), multiple manga adaptations of different games and over 35 games (not including rereleases, Pokemon style double releases, etc.). Up until probably 5 or 7 years ago, it was considered the 3rd most popular RPG franchise (excluding Pokemon) behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. To compare running that franchise to Gust's modest success is like comparing Dead Space to Resident Evil (if Dead Space was much less successful).

NoirSon said:
hikaruchan said:
NoirSon said:
hikaruchan said:

Up until 2011, that entire series was run by the developer Gust before they got bought out making Toei Kemco maybe responisble for what 5 games in that series, 2 of which were remakes. And really that series isn't exactly major outside of its niche.

Also WOW, the Atelier games really? That is a huge insult, with you putting the Shin Megami Tensei franchise in the same category as Atelier games. Shin Megami Tensei (or MegaTen for short in Japan) has spawned 9 different animated projects (movies, tv series, OVAs, etc.), multiple manga adaptations of different games and over 35 games (not including rereleases, Pokemon style double releases, etc.). Up until probably 5 or 7 years ago, it was considered the 3rd most popular RPG franchise (excluding Pokemon) behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. To compare running that franchise to Gust's modest success is like comparing Dead Space to Resident Evil (if Dead Space was much less successful).

I know what megaten is xD

but someone dosen't know KT xD

SEGA SAMMY will buy them anyways.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku