By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - About Twenty Companies Including Sega Made a Bid on Atlus, 20 Billion Yen Offered

gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:

X and Beyonetta 2

Good start. If Nintendo grabs atlus, there may be more that you want. (FExSMT, Persona 5)

I'd rather have P5 on the 3DS or Vita really.

I feel like Atlus shouln't be developing for home consoles. The art desgin doen't look right on a home console. I'm more used to RPG art designs a la Final Fantasy.

And that series has gone to shit.

Final Fantas XIII,XIII-2 weren't bad, XII was okay, and for XIV I haven't played but I heard it was a disaster.

Proud gamer of Nintendo and Sony consoles since 2003.

Around the Network
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:

X and Beyonetta 2

Good start. If Nintendo grabs atlus, there may be more that you want. (FExSMT, Persona 5)

I feel like Atlus shouln't be developing for home consoles. The art desgin doen't look right on a home console. I'm more used to RPG art designs a la Final Fantasy.

Final Fantas XIII,XIII-2 weren't bad, XII was okay, and for XIV I haven't played but I heard it was a disaster.

i thought about getting XIII-2 but since X/X-2 is coming out I will get those. XIV was a disaster.

Aielyn said:
Oh, just realised something interesting.

1. Activision probably couldn't afford to buy Atlus, having just bought themselves away from Vivendi.

2. Vivendi currently have $8 billion in cash sitting around, they could potentially buy Atlus.

Seemed to me that Vivendi just wanted out of gaming altogether. Or am i wrong?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

BossPuma said:
Conegamer said:
No doubt Sony and Nintendo will be amongst the bidders. I hope it goes to one of those.

Can sony afford it? I heard their gaming division was tanking

Their gaming division has always been tanking, hasn't stopped them before.

Besides, I think all of their consoles are profitable at the moment. Their gaming division is probably in the best shape it has been for years.

gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:
MrUnagi said:
gooch_destroyer said:

X and Beyonetta 2

i thought about getting XIII-2 but since X/X-2 is coming out I will get those. XIV was a disaster.

I'll still get XIV for PS4 just because there won't be much for that consoe by my birthday.

Proud gamer of Nintendo and Sony consoles since 2003.

Around the Network

Gotta get that launch line-up ready for the Dreamcast 2.

Best case scenario would be for them to go to either Namco or Marvelous AQL, but I doubt either could afford them. I think Sega's a good fit, as long as it's not Sony or Nintendo.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

brendude13 said:

Finally.

See, you enjoy seeing fans overreacting... so why can't I?!

brendude13 said:
What's so bad about Sega?

They don't localize half of their games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Atlus' net profit in 2010 was only $5 million, how can they be so highly valued?