By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will gta4 totally unphaze the Wiii?????

let me correct myself:

Why would a LOT of casuals buy a Ps3 for Blu when they will most likely go for a standalone panasonic or samsung player? Lets be for real!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

Reasons y GTAIV will have little if any effect at all on the Nintendo Empire
1. GTAIV has a terribly low attach rate compared to Ninty's big sellers (SSBM, MKDD)
2. GTAIV is targeted toward more hardcore gamers while even a relatively hardcore game like Brawl appeals to more ppl
3. SSBB can easily stop GTAIV and with Mario Kart and WII FIT, NOTHING CAN STOP THE WII
4. Once again...Wii Fit will make any effect from GTAIV last only a week or so if at all.
5. Media Attention - the only attention games like GTA get is negative attention while news stations will rave about the Wii Fit revolution (like Wii Sports)

@Wiiforever

GTA is very casual(how else would it sell 16 mil)... it targeted towards the one demographic that has not come over to the Wii yet. That being the testosterone overloaded 13-20 year old male group that is willing to pay $60 dollars to kill a hooker or steal a car and run over cops. Generally the people interested in the Wii are appaulled by this game. I also do not believe owning a PS3 or 360 will stop someone from buying a Wii, but I do beleive most people are not willing to invest in two next gen consoles anytime soon(wait til they are under 200 then you will see more of that)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Did Halo 3 unphaze the PS3 or wii no . So im guessing it wont

@ daactualfact

It is clear that you are as misinformed as they come, as Blu-Ray does much more than enhanced visuals. But I won't go into that as any idiot with Google or Wikipedia can easily figure that out. You obviously have no intention of making smart conversation with people, rather, you'd like to downplay anything that may make PS3 look good, and I'm going to let you keep on doing that, while I realize the facts, and what's really happening in the world.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
@Wiiforever

GTA is very casual(how else would it sell 16 mil)... it targeted towards the one demographic that has not come over to the Wii yet. That being the testosterone overloaded 13-20 year old male group that is willing to pay $60 dollars to kill a hooker or steal a car and run over cops. Generally the people interested in the Wii are appaulled by this game. I also do not believe owning a PS3 or 360 will stop someone from buying a Wii, but I do beleive most people are not willing to invest in two next gen consoles anytime soon(wait til they are under 200 then you will see more of that)

the only reason it sold 16 million was because of the massive install base. However, GC games such as Super Mario sunshine, MKDD, and SMBM all had much better attach ratios

@dmeisterj
wow! that's really smart to say!! (sarcastic)
read my sig and don't be a FOOL!!!!!!! I like all 3! i had all 3! (until i sold my 360.) get a life dude!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius

@wiiforever

that is true. but its attach ration on ps2 was pretty good too!

True Genius
MANUELF said:
Nothing stop the Wii ever

I agree with this. SSBB, MKW, and Wii Fit will make the Wii sell very strongly through this year and the beginning of next year. Holiday titles will help the Wii sell a lot too. I can't wait to see the holiday lineup and 2009 games.

Probably most GTAIV buyers have bought either a PS3 or XBOX360 already. It won't give both consoles that much of a boost compared to the other big guns of Wii like SSBB, Wii Sports and Wii Fit.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558