By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will gta4 totally unphaze the Wiii?????

GT4 is huge and hyped to heaven! (like brawl) But Wii is also huge and hyped to heaven also! Will ps3 or 360's sales reach up to Wii's level of sales in your opinion or not?

(my opinion is that the Ps3 and 360 will beat the wii.......combined! the wii is too strong to topple! if halo 3 couldn't stop the wii, then nothing can't!!! i do think the PS3 and 360 will inch the wii out combined by a wee bit. but not a lot. maybe about 60,000 more, as the anticipation for wiifit will begin!)

this is just my opinion though. let me know yours!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

Did Halo 3 unphaze the PS3?

Yep.

Just like Halo3 didn't slow Wii sales, it did give a good jump for 360 though. The same will be there for GTA4. PS360 will see a spike in sales for a couple of weeks and then level back off. Meanwhile Wii will continue to sell very well.

as you said:
if halo 3 couldn't stop the wii, then nothing can't!!!

Man u are very inthusiastic about this topic with all the ! and what not... but i dont think that GTA will push the Wii off the throne. it might slow it down a bit but nothing more.

Around the Network

We'll be too busy playing Brawl or getting Fit haha.

Maybe 360 will outsell wii in NA, and PS3 will outsell Wii in Europe for GTA4 release week only, but after that it will go back to the Wii on top.

I don't think it will affect the wii much. At the most, 360 and PS3 combined sales may beat the wiis sales for a week or two...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

ps3 and 360 have ample supply so i'd imagine that their sales will spike above that of the wii for a week or two. The wii on the other hand will stay right where it is - sold out.

why would a game on an a diffrent system affect wii sales?