By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will gta4 totally unphaze the Wiii?????

lvader said:
WiiFit is a bigger title than GTA4

Heres the thing. GTA IV could do poorly for a GTA game and Wii Fit could end up being a huge hit WW.

But as of right now GTA is a proven franchise and Wii Fit is largely unproven. The only thing Wii Fit has shown so far is that its popular in Japan...and if you look at Japan compared to the rest of the World its not rocket surgery to figure out why there might be some disconnect between popularity there and everywhere else.

Put simply, anything could happen but GTA is still the proven franchise and Wii Fit the unproven, so any assertions that WiiFit is somehow a bigger title are baseless. They may eventually prove to be true, but they are far from fact right now.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Halo 3 didn't kill the PS3/Wii.

Brawl didn't kill the X360/PS3.

GTA4 won't kill the Wii.

Etc etc etc...

They all have their fanbase, type of games etc... No-one can phase the other out with 1 game... 

THE NETHERLANDS

I think GTA 4 will have very similar success as Call of Duty 4. So huge. Multi-platinum on both systems, better on 360 in US better on PS3 in Europe.

What does this have to do with the Wii? Nothing

If either of those systems want to come after the Wii it certainly wont be a game with guns in it.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

@STARCRAFT

brawl isn't out, but it won't kill 360 or ps3.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

WII FIT will OUTSELL GTA IV 2:1...

you heard it hear first.....

I have no doubt about this though...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Nothing stop the Wii ever

Little Big Planet is the just as unproven as Wiift so would you guys tell crazzyman to shut up about this if he mentions it in one of your threads, or mine.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius
daactualfact said:
KBG29 said:
GTA4 by itself is not going to phase the Wii a hole lot. However, the combanation of:

-PS3 40GB 299, PS3 120-160GB 399 (Nintendo could make a price drop also and make more money! facts is what you need!!!!)
-360 Arcade 249, 360 Pro 299, Elite 399 (nintendo could do a price drop and still beat them, hell thw Wii hasn't HAD ONE AND IT'S STILL WINNING!!!)
-GT5P in US and EU 2 weeks before GTA4 ( a demo won't stop the world my friend! i'm waiting for the actual game to play online!)
-GTA4 for both consoles (This means that both consoles will be taking potential sales from each other duh!
-Too Human May 6 (What the hell is this supposed to do? Not stop Wii! This isn't a GTA4 or Halo level game and it's new. You r wrong!!!!)
-MGS4 in June ( MGS2 was the best selling PS2 metal gear and it has been beaten by Galaxy. What the hell is it really supposed to do? Nothing. But it will help ps3 conquer 360.)

When you take into account all of the price drops and games MS and Sony are rolling out around that time period, then the Wii looks like it is going to be heavely phased. Many may believe that the Wii is in a differant market right now based on games and innovation. I am very interested to see what market the Wii is in when the price differance moves from 100-150 to 50 dollars all the way across. Also remember that Warner will be going Blu-ray exclusive starting the 3rd week in June. Even though many do not want to accept Blu-ray in the gaming community, in the average consumers mind Blu-ray is going to start to gain a lot of traction over the next months leading to summer and christmas. This intrest will be good for both MS and Sony as they can both due Blu, were Nintendo is stuck with nothing. (That's why there are standalone players! Casuals won't buy a game system to watch movies! Special ED? )

In conclusion GTA4 is the start of the turn from SD consoles to HD consoles. Not because it is OMFG the greatest game ever, but because Sony and MS both know it has massive casual appeal and they will start pushing their prices down to the level were it is more of a casual buy. (Not everyone are graphics whores! Casual will get Wii no matter what the graphics are! Yet more points you are wrong on!)
GO BACK TO CLASS AND LEARN FOOL!!!!

I agree that WF will not be stopped, but you are wrong on a couple points, and a couple are pure speculation.  You can't say that Ninty will just drop the price all willy-nilly cuz MS or Sony did, it would be hard for them too, as they'd be making less of a profit.  Second, GT5 prologue is online, up to sixteen players if I remember correctly.  I agree on TH, who cares about that game, but MGS4 may be bigger than we believe, it may move consoles, it may not, but we can't predict either way.  PS3 is the cheapest BD player on the market, and the only 1.1 player out there, that may drive people to buy the system.  So in conclusion, you my friend are wrong on many points also, and shouldn't be calling anyone else dumb, when you obviously were incorrect.  Now apologize.

daactualfact said:
@STARCRAFT

brawl isn't out, but it won't kill 360 or ps3.

Dude, you get the point...

And it seems PS3 is still going as it was before Brawl launched there... Heck, DMC4 had a debut of over 200k! That's sweet!... So i guess you get the point! 

THE NETHERLANDS

@dmeisterj

what the hell i have to apologize for? giving info? no way!

Why would casuals buy the ps3 f0r Blu?? Bluray isn't driving up Ps3 sales like DVD drove up PS2 sales! DVD was actually new! Bluray is like DVD with enhancing visuals. Still same old but with new visuals.

True Genius