By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony copying MS: No analog video out on PS4

Carl2291 said:
Quite surprising and shitty, considering PS sells well in markets that wont have many HDMI TV's...

PS consoles also cost considerably more in those markets, markups, no official destribuition, etc, being the reasons.

You can bet that affording a new PS4 over there will also mean a TV is no problem. 'sides, PS3 is becoming the mainstream over there as we speak.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
No matter which one does it...me personally I look at it as a bad thing to just basically cut off some of your potential sales like that. Just my opinion though nothing big lol.

Well, there are times... I think it's good to cut off old technique at some point to reduce costs. Apple for example really cuts out old stuff fast. PCs had serial ports and parallel ports for ages, consumer-products nowadays don't. MS is requiring internet, others don't. These are things that happen and there will always be people complaining about it. Well, the internet-thing is perhaps not really appropriate but I think there will be even more things in future that need internet, even though many people still don't have it.

VERY sensible and reasonable post....that I can agree with!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Was the outcry really that bad about the lack of component on X1. I thought most everyone was upset about everything else.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Xen said:

PS consoles also cost considerably more in those markets, markups, no official destribuition, etc, being the reasons.

You can bet that affording a new PS4 over there will also mean a TV is no problem. 'sides, PS3 is becoming the mainstream over there as we speak.

Yeah true, PS3 is growing in those markets now.

Maybe Sony and MS got the timing for dropping this right. 

Porcupine_I said:
but the games look so much better on old screens! it's like built in AA

yeah, but you loose detail.

Around the Network
Soleron said:

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to buy an HDTV; it's called PS3" - Kevin Butler, Vice President of First Degree Burns

haha lol.

While it's probably not the reason Microsoft is getting more flak for this as I haven't seen any complaints about it, they're advertising it as an all in one device. They're trying to sell the Xbox One to people who don't play games and want to use functions such as watch tv, DVR programming, etc.

Most gamers are going to have an HDTV. You've owned a PS3 or 360 for six or seven years and you don't yet have an HDTV? But your parents who might not be gamers could still have an SDTV and the Xbox One is aimed towards them. Sony isn't trying to sell the PS4, a gaming console, to your parents who don't play games.

Who knows.  Could be that this thread isn't about people complaining about Xbox One having no a/v ports at all, and could just be a ruse to bash the PS4 by claiming people have bashed the Xbox One about it.

walsufnir said:
NNN2004 said:
you know someone still have old TV ?!

All I know is there was a lot of hate against MS saying this first. But I can't remember if it was on GAF or here.

As dumb as the other shit MS is doing for the Xone is, that part I have no problem with. No BC and both systems requiring paid online will be more of an issue as far as adoption speed--in every market.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Chark said:
Was the outcry really that bad about the lack of component on X1. I thought most everyone was upset about everything else.

Well, at least at GAF many people were complaining about it. Sadly I can't find the thread here, thanks for the great search-function on this site.

Both my TVs have Hdmi so aim good

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3