By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony copying MS: No analog video out on PS4

but the games look so much better on old screens! it's like built in AA

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

HDMI is video and sound ;)

Yeah I thought so after watching the back of the PS4.
I bragged about it they revealed the spec sheet on 20.02 Meeting and they changed it. That's a great decision if you ask me.
Sony makes HD TV's, they should encourage people to buy new TV models instead of staying with the old ones. Microsoft has no interest in encouraging HD TV adoption so they could've as well put the analog AV out but I won't blame them.

Edit. I also never understood why Sony did not supply PS3s with hdmi cables inseatd of chinches since the Slim revision, it was like saying: "yeah stick to you're old TVs, it's not  like we are selling less TVs YOY anyway"

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
I bragged about it they revealed the spec sheet on 20.02 Meeting and they changed it. That's a great decision if you ask me.
Sony makes HD TV's, they should encourage people to buy new TV models instead of staying with the old ones. Microsoft has no interest in encouraging HD TV adoption so they could've as well put the analog AV out but I won't blame them.

The problem is that analog video needs additional hardware (so additional costs) and it's definitely not worth it nowadays.

NNN2004 said:
you know someone still have old TV ?!

probably more people as without internet lol

Around the Network

Surely this must've cut cost, even a little. So whatever helps Sony and MS to make their console as cheap as possible. If there's a high demand for it, then maybe they'll create some converting accessory (if that's possible).

It's 2013, not a big deal.

walsufnir said:
eFKac said:

The problem is that analog video needs additional hardware (so additional costs) and it's definitely not worth it nowadays.

Of course, I also think it's not. Still with the amount of money they have, they could have gone with it for the sake of consumers, but they certainly are not targetting those without a HDTV. Like I said, I won't blame them here.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Quite surprising and shitty, considering PS sells well in markets that wont have many HDMI TV's...

I don't like that but I think we will be to live without analog inputs.