By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony copying MS: No analog video out on PS4

superchunk said:
I find it funny that MS got a bunch of flak when it showed only HDMI connections, yet no one has said anything about it on PS4 really.

Guess WiiU is only one still supporting older connections if needed. Glad they gave the HDMI as the default though.

When did that happen?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

HDMI Tv's can be had for next to nothing these days.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

walsufnir said:
antfromtashkent said:
walsufnir said:
antfromtashkent said:
^sorry did not specify... What tha hell is it?

What? You really don't know the port or are you raging about it?

Yes, I actually did not know what it was... I looked up images on google and I have never seen it or heard about it before lol

Oh, ok! Well, there are in general two ways to get audio to an av-receiver. One thing you already discovered and the other is coaxial. Toslink (the one you discovered) is standard nowadays.

Well if you are not counting HDMI. HDMI is really becoming the standard for everything, Audio, Video, and the newest spec even includes internet.  HDMI is the only way to get  true digital sourround sound from a computer (toslink and coaxil only work for certain purposes not everyhting) as well as the Wii U. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

WTF SONY?!? How many potential customers have you cut out with this decision?!?

No? It's suddenly ok now? Sony not the majority? Right.

Oh but it's cool for Microsoft to nearly copy their controller and live broadcasting, recording gameplay? Lol.

Around the Network

This is good news for anyone in the UK who wants to use the PS4 as a DVR. Analogue HD outputs are banned here if you want to use our combined live TV and on demand platform.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Horrorfest said:
Oh but it's cool for Microsoft to nearly copy their controller and live broadcasting, recording gameplay? Lol.

Hahaha, what?

Miguel_Zorro said:
superchunk said:
I find it funny that MS got a bunch of flak when it showed only HDMI connections, yet no one has said anything about it on PS4 really.

Guess WiiU is only one still supporting older connections if needed. Glad they gave the HDMI as the default though.

Who gave Microsoft flak for that?

When I first got my PS3, I was playing on an old-style TV.  It sucked.  I didn't fully understand what I was missing.  When I upgraded to a 47" LCD, I couldn't believe the difference.

Buying a PS4 or an XBox One and then trying to play it on an old CRT TV would be absurd.  I don't think there are any lost sales here.

This, I want to know it as well.

I remember back then when  I am buying a PS3 games a sales clerk always ask me if my TV supports HDMI because they won't sell the game for me if my TV doesn't support HDMI. They said some games won't work on non HDTV. It's like a store policy.

Sorry, I really find people who are making a big deal out of this ignorant and just being a hater. This isn't 2006 people, it's already 2013. Times are changing. Those people  with old tv are most of  time can't even afford a PS3 or even a PS2.

That sucks, I wish it had both.

Oh hell no... So much for gaming in the province.