By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony copying MS: No analog video out on PS4

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Talal said:
3rd world countries might not like that. That sucks for them.

No, gaming in 3rd world countries especially the Console side is seen as a luxurious hobby. If you have one it means you can afford to buy a good TV. 

It looks like some of the posters here are ignoring Xen's post and mine. Just here in my Country PS4 will cost me $500-$600 or even more  at launch because Sony doesn't distribute in my country. Do you think people who can afford that can't afford to buy a HD TV?

I can afford a cheap one but it's gonna be one unnecessary waste of money. Especially since that house in my province is rarely stayed at. We only visit it twice a year and we don't even stay that long(Max of 2 weeks).

Oh well.. I'm screwed. At least I can still bring it my friend's apartment and play offline.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

oh noes, the outrage and hate was deafening...

anyways, this fucks with me.  my TV is HDMI but my reciever is not.  guess i'm going to have to upgrade my reciever before i join the next gen unless i want to stick with my TV speakers (and i most definently do not want that).

It may be worth upgrading, but maybe you can plug with Optical cable to your receiver, you should be still able to get 5.1 surround sound thanks to that.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
kitler53 said:

oh noes, the outrage and hate was deafening...

anyways, this fucks with me.  my TV is HDMI but my reciever is not.  guess i'm going to have to upgrade my reciever before i join the next gen unless i want to stick with my TV speakers (and i most definently do not want that).

It may be worth upgrading, but maybe you can plug with Optical cable to your receiver, you should be still able to get 5.1 surround sound thanks to that.

i don't think i have optical.  maybe, i guess i'd have to look but my reciever is really old.  i slurged for the reciever that had component in even though i didn't have a component capible device back then so it would be "future proof".  if i remember right i got it in 2001.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Talal said:
3rd world countries might not like that. That sucks for them.

Do you really think in "3rd world countries" they have PS4s but not TVs with HDMI inputs?

Really?

Parents might agree on buying their children PS4, but not both an HD TV and a PS4. These people may not be many, but they exist.

Edit: anyway these types of people usually buy one very late in the cycle so by then everything should be fine.

I found something interesting... the official Sony preorder are listing:

AV Output
HDMI
Analog-AV out
Digital Output (optical)

http://store.sony.com/p/PS4-PlayStation4-Console/en/p/PS410034#specifications