By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who here lost interest in the XBOX brand, and is done with it?

Are you now NOT planning on getting an XBOX ONE?

I am NOT going to get an ... 316 54.30%

I AM getting an XBOX ONE. 107 18.38%

Show results. 159 27.32%

Total:582

I probably wont get one at release, 100 euros more expensive than PS4 while being weaker, no thanks.

Around the Network
Troll_Whisperer said:
There should be an option for "I wasn't gonna get one anyway".

Read the OP this thread isn't for people that never where interested in a X1 from the start.

I had nothing but bad experiences with the real xbox1. That was the worst system I have ever owned. Hated everything about it. I had a roommate who had the 360 for the first year. Crackdown, Dead rising, Shadow Run, GeoW, ect ect didn't really impress me much and after that when I was faced with the choice between Ps3 and 360 the RRoD scandal was at it's peak. Had a boss who was told by MS customer service rep that there are external fans to keep the system cool after his second RRoD and when it RRoD the third time his warranty was voided for having the fan on it. He was extremely pissed and I don't know what eventually happened. I think he was hounding customer service.

Due to Blu-ray, RRoD, free to play online and lack of games that interested me I chose Sony for the first time. I had nothing but good experiences except for my laser for the disc drive dying (replaced myself easily)

I was pretty sure that I was going to go with Sony again. Especially after Nintendo not giving me what I wanted yet again. MS sealed the deal after the press release detailing the restrictions.

Im finding less and less reasons for me to own one, really. Especially now that Im building my PC up.

We will see. Ill probably pick one up at some point, but its not high up on my wishlist.

Troll_Whisperer said:

That probably would of been better.  I had ended up only wanting people who were considering getting one to vote.  I felt that adding that option of never going to get one woud split the not getting one vote too much.  I then found out, after I added the not getting one poll, it looks like it chopped it off in the results.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Read the OP this thread isn't for people that never where interested in a X1 from the start.

I hope others who vote actually do that.  This thread can be for anyone, but the poll is NOT for people who weren't interested in Microsoft's offering after the 360.  Didn't mean the XBOX One, just they might of considered getting it, and Microsoft revealing really turned people off.

Well I was ready to pre order on Amazon and did but after the Sony conference I cancelled it and pre ordered the PS4.

Slimebeast said:
I'm done with it. I hope this spells the beginning of the end for Xbox (I think it does) and that MS exits the console business within a few years and is replaced with a stronger player who is truly able to compete with Sony.

Apple would be a great enemy.

Apple isn't serious about gaming if anyone could challance MS, Sony and Nintendo it would be Samsung since they already the leading force when it comes to groundbreaking electronics (smart phones, tv's, applianances etc.).  I could even see LG enter the gaming market before Apple.  Apple is all hype and little substance its the most overrated company on earth.  Also Apple aren't inovators they would get destroyed in the video game industry all their great ideas they borrowed from other companies.

I've had a 360 since 2006, but I'm not getting Xbox One. Some games are not worth buying for me and I need to rent them to see if they're good enough to keep around so there's no way I'm getting the new Xbox. Had all 3 consoles last generation, starting with PS4 only this one. I don't think Microsoft is gonna change the DRM stuff either, but if they do then I'll consider the Xbox One.

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

I'm still getting Xbox One, but ps4 is first on the list. I will get xbox one in about a year or two. It's mostly about the price point for me. More powerful hardware, cheaper price. It leaves me with more money to spend on games. Even used ones!!

$399 is the sweet spot for me.