By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who here lost interest in the XBOX brand, and is done with it?

Are you now NOT planning on getting an XBOX ONE?

I am NOT going to get an ... 316 54.30%

I AM getting an XBOX ONE. 107 18.38%

Show results. 159 27.32%

Total:582
sales2099 said:
The games are very enticing. Its just the policies that need to change. And they will change.

Dat denial

Around the Network

I also can see Google get into gaming before Apple.  Google fiber is more groundbreaking than anything Apple has come up with in their entire existance.

Chris Hu said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
There should be an option for "I wasn't gonna get one anyway".

Read the OP this thread isn't for people that never where interested in a X1 from the start.

I read it, I just think it might be a clearer option than "show results" as otherwise the poll could be skewed. Plus it would be interesting to know how many people were not planning to buy one anyway.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

not surprising responses by the VGC users. Anyway, I did not care about the DRM stuff before and I don't care now. They had by far the best games to show, so yeah, I am still getting a Xbox One - and three of my colleagues as well after I showed them Ryse.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Rafux said:
sales2099 said:
The games are very enticing. Its just the policies that need to change. And they will change.

Dat denial

With such bad PR they would have to.

Sony changed their policy....they had the luxury of not saying their origional plans and therefore changed them in time.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

About a Xbox but only because it was the first next gen console to come out. Also regretted it later since there weren't to many interesting games that i couldn't play on the PC. I rebought one later on witch died two weeks ago. So no Xbox One for me, even if it didn't have the DRM, or even if it was slightly cheaper.

To be honest I think MS are being clever. Hardcore gamers will pay anything for the console at launch and the Xbox has a lot of them. There's nothing wrong with them just reducing the prices a few months after launch. But taking advantage of launch sales is a good move IMO.

Rafux said:
sales2099 said:

Dat denial

indeed he is.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

sales2099 said:
Rafux said:
sales2099 said:

Dat denial

With such bad PR they would have to.

Sony changed their policy....they had the luxury of not saying their origional plans and therefore changed them in time.

Sony didn't change anything, "up to the publishers" just like on PS3.

sales2099 said:

no doubt the games looked good. but do you honestly believe the policies will change?