By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who here lost interest in the XBOX brand, and is done with it?

Are you now NOT planning on getting an XBOX ONE?

I am NOT going to get an ... 316 54.30%

I AM getting an XBOX ONE. 107 18.38%

Show results. 159 27.32%

Total:582
Rafux said:
sales2099 said:
Rafux said:
sales2099 said:
The games are very enticing. Its just the policies that need to change. And they will change.

Dat denial

With such bad PR they would have to.

Sony changed their policy....they had the luxury of not saying their origional plans and therefore changed them in time.

Sony didn't change anything, "up to the publishers" just like on PS3.

I meant the other polocies. Rumors implied certain things. But they were smart and stayed quiet and changed polocies in reaction to consumer outrage. Smart PR.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
The games are very enticing. Its just the policies that need to change. And they will change.

no doubt the games looked good. but do you honestly believe the policies will change?

Well im saying this much.....even I won't buy a X1 if these polocies dont change.

Free Lending, free used game policy, and 24 hour connection are simple things that shouldn't be tampered with. MS would HAVE to follow suit with SOny on this one to remain competitive in NA, nevermind Europe/Japan.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Rafux said:
sales2099 said:
Rafux said:
sales2099 said:

Dat denial

Sony changed their policy....they had the luxury of not saying their origional plans and therefore changed them in time.

I meant the other polocies. Rumors implied certain things. But they were smart and stayed quiet and changed polocies in reaction to consumer outrage. Smart PR.

you mean your outrage, time to face the music the violins are playing for you.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

I'm pretty excited about the x1 after yesterday. Games like dead rising, quantum break, and titanfall look incredible. The drm stuff is annoying, but im pretty excited about the idea of not having to switch discs anymore.

I am also super excited about the ps4. Infamous second son looks awesome and it seems like ps4 will be the system to get destiny on.

I like my wii u, but I really wish nintendo would give more reasons to turn it on... Their direct today was a big let down...

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
sales2099 said:

you mean your outrage, time to face the music the violins are playing for you.

lol November is still a ways away. Dont get ahead of yourself.

Around the Network

I'm still interested just not at that price. Now it looks like I can maintain the tradition of buying the newest Xbox a year after launch.

sales2099 said:
Rafux said:
sales2099 said:
Rafux said:
sales2099 said:

Dat denial

The policies they never mention? The disc patents they already said won't be used in the PS4? Trentton, Cerny and Yoshida declaring no used games fees, no DRM, no always online weeks and even months before E3.

Rumours are rumours like the one about X1 not on par graphically with PS4 and only running at 720P 60FPS, it was not true.

sales2099 said:

LOL! Sony didn't change anything. They have been saying the same thing since reveal. #dealwithit

sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:

no doubt the games looked good. but do you honestly believe the policies will change?

Well im saying this much.....even I won't buy a X1 if these polocies dont change.

Free Lending, free used game policy, and 24 hour connection are simple things that shouldn't be tampered with. MS would HAVE to follow suit with SOny on this one to remain competitive in NA, nevermind Europe/Japan.

i never thought i would hear those words from you! is this the real sales?

i hope they change these policies, the games looked really good and they are finally putting in some decent effort in their exclusive lineup. but i just dont see them changing

Me too  :)