By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who here lost interest in the XBOX brand, and is done with it?

Are you now NOT planning on getting an XBOX ONE?

I am NOT going to get an ... 316 54.30%

I AM getting an XBOX ONE. 107 18.38%

Show results. 159 27.32%

Total:582

Just figured I would do a poll here to see who may of lost interest in the XBOX brand at this point.  This would mean the ONE is not on your list to get, even if it might of been, and you might look PC, PS4 or even Wii U instead.  If you had, please vote in the poll.  It would be interested to see how much damage Microsoft did to the XBOX brand, if any, at least on here.

EDIT: It appears the first choice of not was chopped off.  Pretty much here, you pick the first option, if you had been someone who had an interest in the XBOX brand, and wanted to buy it, but found out that the changes turned you off.  It isn't really for anyone who never was going to consider the ONE in he first place.

Around the Network

The conference was fantastic and Xbox One has by far the best games on show. if only they reduce the price and get rid of used game restrictions. No interest in letting go of the xbox brand.

However, if the above are not fixed (used games & price) I may resort to getting a PS4 for multiplatform games, and Xbox One for the exclusives.

The games are very enticing. Its just the policies that need to change. And they will change.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

BasilZero said:
I'll be getting a Xbox360 - the new one that they announced providing it doesnt have limitations lol.

It's a fully functional 360 they didn't remove anything they just made it a bit smaller and made it look more like their next console.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
The games are very enticing. Its just the policies that need to change. And they will change.

Your kidding yourself way too late for that.

I lost interest half way through 360 life cycle, it was clear then to anyone who wasn't blind MS was not focused on gaming permanently. Sony kept releasing great game after great game, great value in plus, MS stuck with the same tired, Gears, Halo, Forza. A few slapped together launch titles aren;t changing that. They clearly in in this for other reason. Sold my 360 never looked back,

considering their whole conference they didn't say shit about the uproar about the DRM all they did was just show a few 3rd party games and try and stick the word exclusive in between talking about the xbox logo on their 3rd party box art no... I have no interest anymore. Been 100% xbox all the last gen really and then this shit, I actually jumped up from the couch and cheered at Tretton last night when he said about gamers owning their games. Ps4 wins hands down, Even if MS flip flops now and goes back on it when they see that Sony are not backing them up and being money grabbing, privacy invading dickheads they still need to be stomped out like a bug. This shit has to stop before it ever gets off the ground, if Sony didn't side with gamers this generation and Microsoft flip flops on it now, you know they're going to try it again ASAP and try and get others to follow their shitty practices.

tl,dr = Microsoft, dead to me for gaming.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

There should be an option for "I wasn't gonna get one anyway".

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I don't know but since its already available in stores there should be unboxing and comparision videos with older models on Youtube pretty soon.  I already have a 360S but I might pick one of these up on Black Friday if they have a good deal on it.

I'm done with it. I hope this spells the beginning of the end for Xbox (I think it does) and that MS exits the console business within a few years and is replaced with a stronger player who is truly able to compete with Sony.

Apple would be a great enemy.