By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who here lost interest in the XBOX brand, and is done with it?

Are you now NOT planning on getting an XBOX ONE?

I am NOT going to get an ... 316 54.30%

I AM getting an XBOX ONE. 107 18.38%

Show results. 159 27.32%

Total:582
eFKac said:
walsufnir said:
By now I an undecided! 50/50 ps4/xbone.

Are my eyes fooling me??? I don't want to sound rude or offensive, I respect you as a poster (save for the $ony bullshit that you do, that's just so juvenile...) but you have to be very dissapointed with the xbone, cause if I recall correctly, you have never bought a Sony product, nor ever intended to buy. Correct me if I'm wrong on the Sony products part, I think you hinted that on some occassions (hence your desire for Gaikai for non-Sony platforms, cause you're okay with Sony's software just not the hardware) and now you're seriously considering the PS4?

So, first of all, I do this $ony-stuff just because of the +#!?!+%-users here who keep writing M$ :) It is true for both sides but anyway.

I am not disappointed but undecided. I think by now that Sony has better hardware but worse software. When it comes to games, MS delivered this E3 way better than Sony. The problem is: Sony can change this disadvantage (release better games in the future) but MS can't change the hardware in the future. And Xbone is still more expensive (which is not a problem for me, I could buy both, but my girlfriend would kill me).

I also have to play with both controllers which is very crucial to me - the rumble-triggers from Xbone are a really nice idea, in my opinion. Although the redesign of DS also looks good.

Sadly, I heard that Gaikai is far from ready: Launching only in the US in the beginning, only selected PS3-games... Seems that the service has technical issues but I am not surprised they have issues.

And of course did I buy Sony-hardware: A walkman about 20 years ago! :D

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
walsufnir said:
By now I an undecided! 50/50 ps4/xbone.

Are my eyes fooling me??? I don't want to sound rude or offensive, I respect you as a poster (save for the $ony bullshit that you do, that's just so juvenile...) but you have to be very dissapointed with the xbone, cause if I recall correctly, you have never bought a Sony product, nor ever intended to buy. Correct me if I'm wrong on the Sony products part, I think you hinted that on some occassions (hence your desire for Gaikai for non-Sony platforms, cause you're okay with Sony's software just not the hardware) and now you're seriously considering the PS4?

So, first of all, I do this $ony-stuff just because of the +#!?!+%-users here who keep writing M$ :) It is true for both sides but anyway.

I am not disappointed but undecided. I think by now that Sony has better hardware but worse software. When it comes to games, MS delivered this E3 way better than Sony. The problem is: Sony can change this disadvantage (release better games in the future) but MS can't change the hardware in the future. And Xbone is still more expensive (which is not a problem for me, I could buy both, but my girlfriend would kill me).

I also have to play with both controllers which is very crucial to me - the rumble-triggers from Xbone are a really nice idea, in my opinion. Although the redesign of DS also looks good.

Sadly, I heard that Gaikai is far from ready: Launching only in the US in the beginning, only selected PS3-games... Seems that the service has technical issues but I am not surprised they have issues.

I know why you do that, but you could simply be better than them, I believe you don't have a high opinion about those people, and you're acting just like them, even if it's only in response to them, not hating per se.

Well I've got to say I agree with most things you pointed. I'm really impressed how Sony managed to outdo MS in the hardware department, especially if you consider the pricepoint (here I could only dream they could have gone with 7870 or even 7950 equivalent with a 449$ price tag!) very big props to Mark Cerny here and I am very dissapointed with Xbone's hardware, cause I'm afraid that a good chunk of developers will simply port Xbone games to PS4 without any changes since the architecture is so similar, it will cost them pennies and won't take much working hours, and in the end the PS4's power advantage won't be used. I'm sure the first party games, and exclusives as well as those third parties that like to push the envelope will showcase the difference. Overall MS failed in this department and that's a shame cause it will have effect on the games in many years to come.

But they really delivered in the games department, they certainly stepped up their game here, it is apparent they did not hesitate to throw a lot of money. Not every game appealed to me, but the variety is something to be recognized. I'm very happy about that, MS also really tried when X360 launched, and thanks to steady competition, Sony's first party efforts have never been better, and by a country mile. So if that means Sony will have to only make even better games to top MS I'm all for it.

As for the controllers, looks like both parties made progress here, I personally like when the analog sticks are in horizontal axis, so I will probably prefer the DS4, very happy about concave sticks finally! and tweaked triggers, but I'm sure I could get used to X controller quickly and it looks very ergonomic.

I've got to say I'm happy that gaikai will be ready at launch, even if US only. From the 20.02 PS Meeting i've got the impression that it's a rather distant future, from what they said and expected it to start like in late 2014 soonest.

I'm decided already, happy with the games, very happy with the price, very happy with the hardware, happy with the functionalities (except maybe the paid online playing, but since it's tied to PS+ which adds a lot of value, if they keep the PS+ as good as it right now, then I'm fine with paying for it). I think you can go no wrong with either one of the consoles, if you're okay with each ones drawbacks. For me there are too many flaws with the Xbone, to even consider buying it, but I certainly will envy a lot of games. Hope you'll be happy with your choice.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
walsufnir said:

I know why you do that, but you could simply be better than them, I believe you don't have a high opinion about those people, and you're acting just like them, even if it's only in response to them, not hating per se.

Well I've got to say I agree with most things you pointed. I'm really impressed how Sony managed to outdo MS in the hardware department, especially if you consider the pricepoint (here I could only dream they could have gone with 7870 or even 7950 equivalent with a 449$ price tag!) very big props to Mark Cerny here and I am very dissapointed with Xbone's hardware, cause I'm afraid that a good chunk of developers will simply port Xbone games to PS4 without any changes since the architecture is so similar, it will cost them pennies and won't take much working hours, and in the end the PS4's power advantage won't be used. I'm sure the first party games, and exclusives as well as those third parties that like to push the envelope will showcase the difference. Overall MS failed in this department and that's a shame cause it will have effect on the games in many years to come.

But they really delivered in the games department, they certainly stepped up their game here, it is apparent they did not hesitate to throw a lot of money. Not every game appealed to me, but the variety is something to be recognized. I'm very happy about that, MS also really tried when X360 launched, and thanks to steady competition, Sony's first party efforts have never been better, and by a country mile. So if that means Sony will have to only make even better games to top MS I'm all for it.

As for the controllers, looks like both parties made progress here, I personally like when the analog sticks are in horizontal axis, so I will probably prefer the DS4, very happy about concave sticks finally! and tweaked triggers, but I'm sure I could get used to X controller quickly and it looks very ergonomic.

I've got to say I'm happy that gaikai will be ready at launch, even if US only. From the 20.02 PS Meeting i've got the impression that it's a rather distant future, from what they said and expected it to start like in late 2014 soonest.

I'm decided already, happy with the games, very happy with the price, very happy with the hardware, happy with the functionalities (except maybe the paid online playing, but since it's tied to PS+ which adds a lot of value, if they keep the PS+ as good as it right now, then I'm fine with paying for it). I think you can go no wrong with either one of the consoles, if you're okay with each ones drawbacks. For me there are too many flaws with the Xbone, to even consider buying it, but I certainly will envy a lot of games. Hope you'll be happy with your choice.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I am still undecided and due to my backlog I have enough time to wait and see who delivers the best gaming-stuff for me. Personally, I don't care about the online-check and stuff, really, it is a gaming-machine hooked up to the internet.

What I am especially curious about is what XBL will be on Xbone - cost and features, especially. I think they didn't say anything on this by now, did they?

I made up a small list for me and I think it's ok to share it:

============================================

Xbone

pro:

better games by now
controller
online-stuff probably working as good as ever
no disc-juggling anymore

contra:

price
perhaps weaker 1st-party in the long rum
no bc
probably inferior graphics

=> still uncertain about XBL on Xbone (price, features)

============================================

Ps4

pro:

graphics
perhaps better games in the future
price
perhaps gaikai (tlou!) (kind of bc)
gran turismo :)

contra:

gaikai seems not ready by now
perhaps controller
not a fan of sony-products generally
no halo :)
less money so perhaps less moneyhatting
perhaps inferior online (patches, patch-sizes, dld-speeds)

I really like to get all consoles, and I usually do, but this time the One, although it has nice games, doesn't appeal to me at all. For the time being I won't buy, but maybe later on.

I like the games, and might have been able to tolerate the DRM shafting provided the price was lower. Other than that think I will just play on 360 for the time being, and see what the future holds few years in. Major reason for that is the fact that I utterly LOVE the Xbox controllers, when compared with PS3. And most of the games that I play are third party anyway, so might consider buying a PS4 and an adaptable X1 controller lul.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
curl-6 said:
Had an original Xbox.
Have a 360.
Was going to get an X1. Not going near it now.

Wow, was I wrong in thinking you had been big in the Microsoft camp?

I enjoyed my 360 in that I could play amazing games like Bioshock, Bayonetta, and Mass effect on it, but I've never been a fan of Microsoft as a company.