By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who here lost interest in the XBOX brand, and is done with it?

Are you now NOT planning on getting an XBOX ONE?

I am NOT going to get an ... 316 54.30%

I AM getting an XBOX ONE. 107 18.38%

Show results. 159 27.32%

Total:582
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
The games are very enticing. Its just the policies that need to change. And they will change.

no doubt the games looked good. but do you honestly believe the policies will change?

Well im saying this much.....even I won't buy a X1 if these polocies dont change.

Free Lending, free used game policy, and 24 hour connection are simple things that shouldn't be tampered with. MS would HAVE to follow suit with SOny on this one to remain competitive in NA, nevermind Europe/Japan.

The difference is Sony is being run by the guy who used to run the PS division, so he is very passionate about it.  As was Kutargi when he first broke into the gaming biz.  MS, on the other hand, seems to view Xbox as a side project.  And this DRM decision is most likely from the heads of MS who aren't very passionate about the Xbox at all.  So, I think they will remain stubborn on the subject, as they believe they will rake in even more money with the DRM, and the policies will remain in place.  Feel kinda bad for the people in the actual Xbox division, since I doubt many fo them agree with this policy.

Around the Network

20% on VGC means close to 100% in real life

OT: I have no personal reasons why I wouldn't get one down the line. Probably not at launch though.
Games are great and that's the only thing I care about.

CANT WAIT FOR THE XBOX1

Barozi said:
20% on VGC means close to 100% in real life

OT: I have no personal reasons why I wouldn't get one down the line. Probably not at launch though.
Games are great and that's the only thing I care about.

Games are the only reason I care about the XBox One, and I only bought used games thru Gamefly a  few times over the last few years. $500 is chump change when you compare what people spend on IPads and IPhones every 2-3 years. So the choice is easy... 

It's just that simple.

I'm waiting for microsoft to announce that they were just trollin about the DRM and required internet checks until I think of getting it. I'm positive XBOne will have plenty of great games, I would just like to know that in the far future I can dig up XBOne and have it be a functioning console still.

Around the Network

Unless they change their game ownership policies I'm afraid my 360's hdmi lead will go into the ps4, so I can play ps3, ps4 and wiiU next to each other. First gen since the ps1 that I won't get all the consoles.

Seece said:
richardhutnik said:
Seece said:

$499 might be resonable buy £430 is ... £80 overpriced.

I talk to Machina most days, he isn't bothering with PS4 and is getting a X1 when it's cheaper (thinks it's £100 overpriced) and a few games come out he wants. There was only ever 2 franchises he loved on PS3 (Team Ico stuff and Wipeout) He's excited for Mirrors Edge 2, Dead Rising 3 and The Division.

I had thought you are like the largest XBox champion on here.  I wonder what it says if even you aren't doing a day one purchase?  I don't see this promising at all.

On my end I ran into ONE person today, who was looking to eventually get an XBox ONE and that is because of the exclusives.

Sorry for misreading this.  I do recall you DID say Day one purchase for you of the One.

There are a number of things MS could have done and I would have 'jumped out' so to speak, thankfully everything they've done so far bar the price is actually fine with me. I'm not die hard though, I've only bought 2 or so Xbox games over the last year or so.

I may have said day one, but not since the price reveal? It's just too much!!

~

Edit: Quote tree shortened by TruckOSaurus - Please refer to this post for Quote Tree Guidelines http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5379187

Ok, I did actually end up detecting a change then.  I thought i noticed something.  

I will end up getting an XB1 most likely. I have mostly played on Nintendo (been a while), PC and Xbox. The policies dont bother me too much as I am connected online a lot anyways and find myself buying more digital and I know it will mean richer experiences in the future. The main things im bothered by r how MS has handled it and to a lesser extent. The price actually dosnt bug me as much as its just a little too expensive for me on a family budget. At $399 I would more likely to buy this year. If they have a subs model I will consider it.

The Xbox brand has always attracted me. Its mostly the games and services offered. But also the community and it helps that I love the controller. The XB1 exclusives just looked amazing to me and really impressed me. PS4 has some great ones too but just not as appealing to me. I do think XB1 is worth $500 for everything it offers. Its just a little out of my scope.

I've owned both xbox consoles and would have considered myself a loyal xbox fan.

Last week I traded 20 of my xbox360 games and got myself a PS3.

I will not support a company who are so willing to destroy consumers rights for the sake of the mega-publishers.

I don't even care if they backtrack the whole way.

They have lost my money for good and everyone I know with an xbox360 feels the same.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

I have an Xbox 360 library of over 500+ game (over half of all Xbox 360 games released in NA), a gamerscore of 130,000 that was growing at a steady rate, a windows phone 8, and probably over a thousand dollars in dlc content and xbla games.

...and now after the announcement and e3 conferience I have a PS4 preordered at Gamestop along with about 30 games reserved for PS3/PS4, and zero 360 and Xbox One games on the list. All Microsoft had to do was not bring the always online and anti-used policies to Xbox One, and they would still have me as a loyal customer. I care about games, not TV, sports, media features, or pathetic brand loyalty. 

Microsoft could retract everything at this point, but the damage is done. PS4 for me, and if Sony ever decides to put this DRM garbage on their system, I'll take my business to Nintendo and Steam without hesitation.