By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witness Uses 5GB RAM Right Now

Tagged games:

MB1025 said:
Thread title needs to be changed.

He doesn't say it uses more than 5GB of RAM. He says it "WANTS" to use more than 5GB of RAM. Which to mean is a hint at how much RAM will be available for games on the PS4.

Wrong. "8 Gigs isn't that much. The Witness is 5GB so far."

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
Thread title needs to be changed.

He doesn't say it uses more than 5GB of RAM. He says it "WANTS" to use more than 5GB of RAM. Which to mean is a hint at how much RAM will be available for games on the PS4.

No. He says "The Witness wants to use 5GB RAM right now"... so it is using 5GB RAM... the right now means that.

A GAFer said he wants to see a Secret of Mana with this artstyle... I totally agree.

I dunno, a lot of people in the past told me that RAM isn't that important compared to other units like the GPU and CPU. This makes it seem like RAM should be a first priority. I wouldn't know, though.

Cobretti2 said:
ethomaz said:

The power of 5GB RAM!

Seems like a open world game and he is loading everything in the RAM.

sad

color me interested.  I like the art style.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
I dunno, a lot of people in the past told me that RAM isn't that important compared to other units like the GPU and CPU. This makes it seem like RAM should be a first priority. I wouldn't know, though.

No, RAM isn't the most important thing. I don't want to go into detail but less RAM can block the computing units, "enough" RAM doesn't increase computing.

Given that XBone is rumored to have 5GB RAM free for games, given that the Witness by now seems to be PS4-console-exclusive, given the game also releases on iOS and the dev wants to use more than 5GB of RAM, it seems $ony bought a dev-statement. Nothing wrong with that, but to me quite obvious.

Machiavellian said:
Cobretti2 said:
ethomaz said:

The power of 5GB RAM!

Seems like a open world game and he is loading everything in the RAM.

sad

color me interested.  I like the art style.

I never said I hated it, just sad that this game requires 5gb of ram when it would run on less if it wa better optimized. 

Definitely interested in this game, looks like it could be pretty good.

He is the typical artist who doesn't really want to deal with the technical aspect of things, so if something is easier for him to do he is happy about it. He wants to concentrate on making a great game without being forced to tackle hardware restrictions to his vision.

i can't really blame him for that, although honestly the game really doesn't look THAT demanding.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Going 1080p requires more ram, if they would have stayed 720p like the WiiU the ram increase would have been lower.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"