By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

Feels kinda like the whole industry is sitting together trying to take their best swing to get Nintendo out of the market.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

wii u is crap... and EA games isnt? LOL

archbrix said:
I bet that WiiU + Origin = more powerful than 360, though.

-- 3x as powerfull as the 360, it's online is THE BEST of any console to date it's just amazing! and that tablet oh man, that offers so many possibilities, im sure 3rd parties will make a lot of money from it. --

is it for certain that he is really the guy we think? or maybe only a guy who opened an account and acts like he is that guy?

that's worse as adam orth and saying something like "360 is stronger as wii u" sounds absolutely clueless. maybe i'm clueless but i really don't believe that is true.

crissindahouse said:

is it for certain that he is really the guy we think? or maybe only a guy who opened an account and acts like he is that guy?

that's worth as adam orth and saying something like "360 is stronger as wii u" sounds absolutely clueless. maybe i'm clueless but i really don't believe that is true.

Well, the guy works on sports games, so I wouldn't be surprised even if he's for real. I mean fuck, sports games lol....

Around the Network

Truth hurts, it seems.

moderated Kasz216

Chandler said:
Feels kinda like the whole industry is sitting together trying to take their best swing to get Nintendo out of the market.

No, only EA. 3rd-parties are usually not happy with their sales on Nintendo-platforms and WiiU has a small userbase in addition, so it's fully understandable they are reluctant to put their expensive projects on WiiU, but only EA behaves this way. Look Activision in comparison: support may not be great, but they don't act like EA. To be fair it has to be noted, that Capcom tries the same with the Vita.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

KHlover said:
Yeah, 3rd party sells 60% of all games on the Wii, but only "Mario and Zelda" make revenue...this guy has no clue of what he is talking about. Revenue-wise Zelda isn't that big of a franchise for Nintendo anymore. Super Smash Bros. is bigger.

considering how many games and 3rd parties are out there for the Wii and how few from nintendo 60% really isn't that much.

Considering that a huge percentage of these 60% are sold bei a few dance and fitness games theres is room for small games and publishers for a profit but for 3rd party AAA games it is hard to make a profit.

Can I post a link to another website that is talking about this topic?

Mnementh said:
Chandler said:

No, only EA. 3rd-parties are usually not happy with their sales on Nintendo-platforms and WiiU has a small userbase in addition, so it's fully understandable they are reluctant to put their expensive projects on WiiU, but only EA behaves this way. Look Activision in comparison: support may not be great, but they don't act like EA. To be fair it has to be noted, that Capcom tries the same with the Vita.

It's not only EA and I am not talking only about development side either. Look at today alone. The press unleashed a barrage of negative opinion pieces at the sime time the Nintendo Direct was taking place. At the GI.biz article, the first few comments were all employees there like editors and directors, high fiving themselves for a job well done and sitting back, waiting "for the haters" to roll in. Is this professional? Also, there were other developers who had words for the Wii U that you are normally not used from "professionals". But I guess there are a couple of Phil Fish people out there and not just one.

I guess slamming Nintendo as hard and harsh as possible is just the current trend in the cool kids club.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.