By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

The truth is a lot of third party developers, especially in the West feel this way. Maybe not quite as vitriolic, but they many devs feel the same. They won't say it aloud though, but since EA is not bothering with Nintendo support any longer, I guess they don't care about PR optics anymore.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

The truth is a lot of third party developers, especially in the West feel this way. Maybe not quite as vitriolic, but they many devs feel the same. They won't say it aloud though, but since EA is not bothering with Nintendo support any longer, I guess they don't care about PR optics anymore.

Prove it.

Dr.JimmyRustles said:
Soundwave said:

Prove it.

anyone has

Click HERE and be happy 

Dr.JimmyRustles said:
Soundwave said:

Prove it.

The type of support the Wii U is getting and how it's being treated by third parties says volumes.

Third parties do not treat Nintendo the same way they treat Sony and Microsoft. It's plainly obvious. This is like the fat girl thinking she's going to get treated the same way as the two skinny, really good looking girls ... it ain't happening, and it may not be right, but that's just the way it goes.

Soundwave said:
Dr.JimmyRustles said:
Soundwave said:

Prove it.

The type of support the Wii U is getting and how it's being treated by third parties says volumes.

Third parties do not treat Nintendo the same way they treat Sony and Microsoft. It's plainly obvious. This is like the fat girl thinking she's getting treated the same way as the two skinny, really good looking girls ... it ain't happening, and it may not be right, but that's just the way it goes.

Western 3rd party sure, but do you work at Nintendo, EA, Activision? Ever come to think Nintendo is saving 3rd party till E3? of course not.

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
osed125 said:
BloodyRain said:
Atleast he is honest.

....by telling lies?

All I meant was honest on how he feels about wii u.

same comment to benao.

It's fine if he doesn't like the Wii U, but he shouldn't trash it on twitter, it's unprofessional. He also did lie about the Wii U being less powerful than the Xbox 360. Their own game, NFSMWU, proved that it is not.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Quite ironic that when you look at software sales from last gen, considering that Wii development was so much cheaper than PS3 and 360 development, third parties had more success with Wii titles than PS3 and 360 titles.

Just compare the amount of Wii U titles that sold under 250K to the amount of PS3 and 360 titles that have sold under 500K. And that's before you take into account low budget shovelware that probably only needed to sell 100K to make a profit.

Third parties have done very well on Nintendo portable and home consoles since the DS was released. I think this guy must be stuck in a 6th gen time bubble lol.

I really think it's about time that one of these useless video game journalists interviews someone high up at EA and refuses to let him/her leave until they get an idea of what's going on. Handcuff the fucker to a chair if necessary lol.

BloodyRain said:
osed125 said:
BloodyRain said:
Atleast he is honest.

....by telling lies?

All I meant was honest on how he feels about wii u.

same comment to benao.

Well, good for him for stating what he feels, but that's just unprofessional, and besides, the guy is a complete idiot claiming with his comments about the size of the PC market, and that this is gen4.

Lol, he removed his comments, guess he knows he was out of place.

Dr.JimmyRustles said:
Soundwave said:
Dr.JimmyRustles said:
Soundwave said:

Prove it.

Third parties do not treat Nintendo the same way they treat Sony and Microsoft. It's plainly obvious. This is like the fat girl thinking she's getting treated the same way as the two skinny, really good looking girls ... it ain't happening, and it may not be right, but that's just the way it goes.

Western 3rd party sure, but do you work at Nintendo, EA, Activision? Ever come to think Nintendo is saving 3rd party till E3? of course not.

I think you're in denial over the situation. And "Western third party" is like 70-80% of the relevant console development these days.

Well its his opinion. Wii U might indeed be slower for certain tasks. But obviously stronger in others. So it should be possible to work around any weakness and utilize its strengths if you invest the time to do so..

But from a developer standpoint Wii U could be seen as bad not because of the Hardware but because of profitability which makes it cost prohibitive to invest the time to use the systems power.