By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Lost The Console War In North America.

KingKazuma34 said:
slowmo said:
KingKazuma34 said:
Microsoft and Sony both lost to Nintendo this console generation....Say what you want but numbers don't lie. Wii had the best rpgs of this generation with Xenoblade and The Last Story. I also think that people will not buy too much Microsoft consoles next gen. A lot of people are tired of having to pay for everything, including online play. We will see what Microsoft does though. Doesn't help if there is rumors of having to always being online however.

Actually Wii didn't get Oblivion, Skyrim, Fable 2/3, Demon Souls, Fallout 3 or the Mass Effect series so Nintendo really didn't get the best RPG's this generation, in fact it lagged woefully behind both the 360 and PS3 in that regard.  Rumours don't mean anything if they turn out to be false but you're entitled to your wishful thinking.

Which is why Xenoblade is the most top rated game in the rpg genre right? Ill give you something to do, look up how much a copy of Xenoblade is on Amazon, then look up any of those games that you listed. People are willing to pay crazy amounts of money for that game. I never said Nintendo had ALL of the rpgs this generation, I said it had the best, meaning being argued about the best rpg of this generation. It is not wishful thinking on my part if pretty much every major gaming website and insider on the gaming industry have stated that the next Xbox will have DRM and will have to be connected to the internet...

People are willing to pay a lot of money for that game but not a lot of people want to pay any amount for that game.

Around the Network
KingKazuma34 said:
slowmo said:
KingKazuma34 said:
Microsoft and Sony both lost to Nintendo this console generation....Say what you want but numbers don't lie. Wii had the best rpgs of this generation with Xenoblade and The Last Story. I also think that people will not buy too much Microsoft consoles next gen. A lot of people are tired of having to pay for everything, including online play. We will see what Microsoft does though. Doesn't help if there is rumors of having to always being online however.

Actually Wii didn't get Oblivion, Skyrim, Fable 2/3, Demon Souls, Fallout 3 or the Mass Effect series so Nintendo really didn't get the best RPG's this generation, in fact it lagged woefully behind both the 360 and PS3 in that regard.  Rumours don't mean anything if they turn out to be false but you're entitled to your wishful thinking.

Which is why Xenoblade is the most top rated game in the rpg genre right? Ill give you something to do, look up how much a copy of Xenoblade is on Amazon, then look up any of those games that you listed. People are willing to pay crazy amounts of money for that game. I never said Nintendo had ALL of the rpgs this generation, I said it had the best, meaning being argued about the best rpg of this generation. It is not wishful thinking on my part if pretty much every major gaming website and insider on the gaming industry have stated that the next Xbox will have DRM and will have to be connected to the internet...

Mass Effect and Fallout 3 I know for sure both have higher metacritics than Xenoblade.

Lawlight said:
Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:
Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:
You're right - the PS3 might ship 11M instead of  13M. Unless, of course, the PS3 gets a price drop, which is very likely. So, I'd say sales will be stable.

LOL, wanna bet?

Sure.

So you win if they ship more then 11 million the year and I if they ship less? Should we take this calendar-year (2013) or the financial year, which starts and ends in April I think?

Yes. And let's make it calendar. Financial is too far away.

OK, loser has to put in his sig, that the winner was right for say a month? Agreed?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

you won't last here long if you don't open yourself up more.

Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:
Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:
Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:
You're right - the PS3 might ship 11M instead of  13M. Unless, of course, the PS3 gets a price drop, which is very likely. So, I'd say sales will be stable.

LOL, wanna bet?

Sure.

So you win if they ship more then 11 million the year and I if they ship less? Should we take this calendar-year (2013) or the financial year, which starts and ends in April I think?

OK, loser has to put in his sig, that the winner was right for say a month? Agreed?

Agreed. 11M... should be an easy win.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:
Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:
Mnementh said:
Lawlight said:

LOL, wanna bet?

Sure.

Agreed. 11M... should be an easy win.

OK fine, so it is settled.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Im open to anything, I just don't like how people came at me for no reason so angry lol Just because I like Nintendo rpgs? Its cool though I guess, If people think Fallout 3 and Mass Effect really are better than Xenoblade then I have no problem with that because I loved those games too. Im just saying that even though these games are rated high, and correct me if im wrong, but Fallout and Bethesda games in general are known to be some of the buggiest games, that is just from word of mouth, even playing it on my Ps3 I encountered a lot of bugs. Mass Effect was a great series, but people were let down by the ending of Mass Effect 3, again correct me if im wrong. Im being honest here, the only really complaint I hear about Xenoblade is that it takes awhile for it to get really good. Like I said im open to anything, as long as you dont disrepect me lol

Edit: Im probably still going to have hatred towards me after reading that, but its cool haha I will live:D

foodfather said:

I don't think america is very brand loyal in general, they go for whatever is best and thats the 360. 

Therefore PS4 has a chance in NA providing Sony don't fuck up the launch like they did with PS3. Unlike Japan and Europe where brand name means everything. I'm surprised 360 made it this far in Europe considering how big the Sony brand is over there.

Not whatever is best, but whatever is most marketed. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

bonkers555 said:
Mazty said:
There was never a console war in the US. The US always buys home grown products over international firms and everyone tends to know this - there's a good reason multinationals from Europe don't bother with the US.

You are fucking clueless about America. So I guess Nintendo, Toyota and Samsung are American grown company. I'll give you a guess why I mention these three companies.

Okay buddy then pray tell why did it take decades for BAE to break the US and why does EADS not even bother? Oh what, you haven't even heard of those multibillion dollar companies before? 

KingKazuma34 said:

Im open to anything, I just don't like how people came at me for no reason so angry lol Just because I like Nintendo rpgs? Its cool though I guess, If people think Fallout 3 and Mass Effect really are better than Xenoblade then I have no problem with that because I loved those games too. Im just saying that even though these games are rated high, and correct me if im wrong, but Fallout and Bethesda games in general are known to be some of the buggiest games, that is just from word of mouth, even playing it on my Ps3 I encountered a lot of bugs. Mass Effect was a great series, but people were let down by the ending of Mass Effect 3, again correct me if im wrong. Im being honest here, the only really complaint I hear about Xenoblade is that it takes awhile for it to get really good. Like I said im open to anything, as long as you dont disrepect me lol

Edit: Im probably still going to have hatred towards me after reading that, but its cool haha I will live:D

It's nothing to do with hatred.  The highest rated RPG's (Metacritic wise) this gen such as Mass Effect 2 and Skyrim are not on a Nintendo platform.  If you must insist on making a false statement then don't act offended when people pull you up on it.  I've only mentioned the RPG's I can immediately remember playing, when you take in all the other ones this generation the Wii wasn't a strong RPG platform.