By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Lost The Console War In North America.

KingKazuma34 said:

Im open to anything, I just don't like how people came at me for no reason so angry lol Just because I like Nintendo rpgs? Its cool though I guess, If people think Fallout 3 and Mass Effect really are better than Xenoblade then I have no problem with that because I loved those games too. Im just saying that even though these games are rated high, and correct me if im wrong, but Fallout and Bethesda games in general are known to be some of the buggiest games, that is just from word of mouth, even playing it on my Ps3 I encountered a lot of bugs. Mass Effect was a great series, but people were let down by the ending of Mass Effect 3, again correct me if im wrong. Im being honest here, the only really complaint I hear about Xenoblade is that it takes awhile for it to get really good. Like I said im open to anything, as long as you dont disrepect me lol

Edit: Im probably still going to have hatred towards me after reading that, but its cool haha I will live:D

I like Vampire Rain. I think it's a better game than Metal Gear Solid.

Don't let other people's opinion influence you to the point of questioning your own tastes. Metacritic has nothing to do here either. If you prefer Xenoblade, then that's great. You don't need to explain yourself or nitpick other game's problems and bugs. There's people that cannot stand JRPGs, but like WRPGs. World is full of tastes. Variety is the spice of life!

Around the Network
PureDante said:
foodfather said:

I don't think america is very brand loyal in general, they go for whatever is best and thats the 360. 

Therefore PS4 has a chance in NA providing Sony don't fuck up the launch like they did with PS3. Unlike Japan and Europe where brand name means everything. I'm surprised 360 made it this far in Europe considering how big the Sony brand is over there.

Not whatever is best, but whatever is most marketed. 

This. In America, whatevers cheapest or he who shouts loudest tends to win.

pezus said:
Wright said:

I'm not arguing against that. I'm just saying PS3's sales will dry far quicker than with the PS2.

Not necessarily:

PlayStation®2 Worldwide Hardware Unit Sales (Unit: million)

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

FY(*)

FY2006

FY2007

FY2008

FY2009

FY2010

( * Fiscal Year ended March 31)

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_sale_e.html">http://web.archive.org/web/20110722095024/http://scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_sale_e.html

FY2006 for PS2 is equivalent to FY2012 for PS3 (6 years after release). That's 14.8m compared to around 14m PS3s. FY2007 vs. FY2013 will be 13.7m vs. a likely 10-11m. FY2008 vs. FY2014 will be 7.9m vs. a likely 7-8m. FY2009 vs. FY2015 will be 7.3m vs. a likely 5-6m. FY2010 vs. FY2016 will be 6.4m vs. a likely 3-4m and so on. I see the PS3 selling at least 20m after PS4 has come out. PS2 did way more, but that's partly because PS3 came out only 6 years after PS2 had released, while PS4 will come 7 years after PS3.

PS3 in its later years is relatively much stronger than it was in the earlier years as compared to PS2.

2006 for PS2 is also the first year it was sold along with its successor. So in 2012, the PS3 sold less units than the PS2 even without a successor to eat away at its sales like the PS2 had.

If the PS3 manages 11m in the year where its successor is released (2013) that shows that the PS3 will have much smaller "after successor" sales than the PS2.

Signature goes here!