By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Lost The Console War In North America.

North americans are loyals. Why would they buy iThings if it wasn't the case ?

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:

What in the blue hell? Americans are the least loyal buyers on earth. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
RenCutypoison said:

And how do you back this up exactly?

Imaginedvl said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RenCutypoison said:

Capitalism. Any brand from any area in the world can win as long as its marketed properly and presents itself as an enticing products. The strongest selling products in the US are American, Japanese, German, Korean, Chinese and Indian made. 

foodfather said:

I don't think america is very brand loyal in general, they go for whatever is best and thats the 360. 

Therefore PS4 has a chance in NA providing Sony don't fuck up the launch like they did with PS3. Unlike Japan and Europe where brand name means everything. I'm surprised 360 made it this far in Europe considering how big the Sony brand is over there.

We don't go for what's "best". We go for what's "cool". If we went for what's "best", shows like Jersey Shore, musicians like Justin Bieber and skinny jeans wouldn't be popular here.

Around the Network

I'm off to create the "Microsoft lost the console war in Japan and Europe". bye

Sensei said:
I'm off to create the "Microsoft lost the console war in Japan and Europe". bye

Bye-bye

Imaginedvl said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RenCutypoison said:

Yup I agree that American's are the least loyal, especially when it comes to consoles. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Wright said:
Lawlight said:
Wright said:

Yes, and when PS2 was around, Sony was the King around the place. The Ps3 however has not reached the power its predecessor had - in terms of sales and marketing -. I see it lagging behind the Wii, no matter what situation is present. Think also that the Wii keep selling units.

I still can't see a good reason why you're saying that the PS3 can't sell 20M after the PS4 launches. You can say what you want about Sony not being the console king but at the end of the day, the facts are showing us that a sytem priced higher than what the Wii cost at launch is still selling very well.

I'm not arguing against that. I'm just saying PS3's sales will dry far quicker than with the PS2.

I'd say that, in context, it's going to be the reverse since the PS3 is still expensive.

So much EX-BAX in NA
Part of the reason I want to move to Japan

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032