By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

bananaking21 said:
dahuman said:
ouch....

wasnt this pretty much expected and well known?

Yes - and I keep my opinion that Capcom wants the Vita dead as EA wants then WiiU dead. Maybe Capcom acts even worse.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
PSV lovers should not count on Capcom announcing a MH for PSV until it gets a given user base.
PSV haters should not count on Capcom NOT announcing it once the user base target is reached.
Capcom should not count on Sony not releasing games catering to typical MH fans if the wait lasts too long.

Basically, though, Sony shouldn't count on MH to get a user base large enough, if they achieve it, MH, if it will come, will be a bonus.

I agree.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

curl-6 said:
They also said Resident Evil 4 would stay Gamecube exclusive.

Actually Mikami said that. Capcom making him out to be a liar was a big reason he left the company.

ryuzaki57 said:
Soundwave said:

Where exactly does the WiiU benefit Capcom at all?

- Lower userbase (much lower)

- More expensive development cost

They can sell far more Monster Hunter games on the 3DS at a cheaper dev cost. Why even bother with the WiiU. Capcom isn't supporting the platform at all anyway.

Fixed!

And yeah, why do superior versions of games when you can do gimped ones for lower cost? Developers should also still work on DS games. Seriously, the gaming industry isn't looking too brilliant with reasonings like this...

To be fair: MH3GHD was a launch-game for WiiU. Capcom had no idea how the system would sell and probably expected better sales. If MH4 gets ported to WiiU will be the real test.

Wow, some Sony fans wouldn't last a month as Nintendo fans if they take POSSIBLY not getting a third party game so hard. XD

There does seem to be a double standard at work, in that the Vita is seen as deserving third parties and getting unfairly screwed over, while Wii U, which is in the same predicament, somehow deserves to get shafted.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Wow, some Sony fans wouldn't last a month as Nintendo fans if they take POSSIBLY not getting a third party game so hard. XD

There does seem to be a double standard at work, in that the Vita is seen as deserving third parties and getting unfairly screwed over, while Wii U, which is in the same predicament, somehow deserves to get shafted.

I've been laughing at Sony fan hypocrisy all generation. In particular they can't stand when Microsoft buys exclusives when Sony pioneered the practice.

Breaking: "Rats have no plans to jump aboard sinking ship."

curl-6 said:

I still remeber the Dark Souls 2 petition and how some users on this site ridiculed the Nintendo guys for DARING to want it on the Wii U...the majority said "Just buy a PS360", it is quite interesting to see the sites reversed

(btw., I´would be down for some Dark Souls 2 action on the Wii U, From Software *wink wink*)

Carl2291 said:
I think people need a reality check.

PlayStation Vita Japan Sales - 1,471,044

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS JP Sales - 1,863,668

Numbers speak louder than words.

Absolutely! That's 1,471,044 additional potential costumers, they should start working on it at once.

Darc Requiem said:
curl-6 said:

I've been laughing at Sony fan hypocrisy all generation. In particular they can't stand when Microsoft buys exclusives when Sony pioneered the practice.

I've kinda noticed this too, there's a section of the Sony fanbase that gets incredibly uppity if they can't have every freaking franchise. This thread being almost 13 pages is proof positive of that.

Nintendo and even MS fans are not as silly about it.

I'm kinda glad Nintendo money-hatted MH if that's what they did. Payback for the 90s and early 2000s when Sony kept games like Final Fantasy and GTA3 and Devil May Cry off the GameCube and XBox (well XBox did get a very late GTA port).

If your platform bombs basically because it loses 1 franchise (one that's not even yours), to me that just shows it's not that strong of a platform to begin with.