By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

Anari said:
naruball said:
Anari said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
why this game is such a hit? some dudes killing some monsters , does this sell well in europe and amurica ?

I really like how all of a sudden alot of people are puzzled as to why people think MH is a good game.

And all of a sudden a game(s) I've never heard about before, GodEater and some other game I can't remember, are 'better than MH anyways, so who cares'.

Sour grapes and all that.

Yeah, cuz clearly it's impossibel for people to actually likle GodEater over MH. Sour grapes is the only explanation.

Yes, that is totally what i said.

Good for you

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:
naruball said:
Anari said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
why this game is such a hit? some dudes killing some monsters , does this sell well in europe and amurica ?

I really like how all of a sudden alot of people are puzzled as to why people think MH is a good game.

And all of a sudden a game(s) I've never heard about before, GodEater and some other game I can't remember, are 'better than MH anyways, so who cares'.

Sour grapes and all that.

Yeah, cuz clearly it's impossibel for people to actually likle GodEater over MH. Sour grapes is the only explanation.

Actually, one explanation is that MH isn't on a  Sony portable system anymore and God Eater is. Not saying God Eater isn't a great game, but we all know that it's exclusive and that counts at lot for some people.

We agree on bolded. That's all that it is.

It's like me saying, "of course cod bombed on the wiiU. 3rd party games have shit sales on ninty devices". While it's true that they don't tend to sell well, there is no need for this attitude or generalization. No decent discussion can come out of it.

I'm confused. People on these forums have been blasting Nintendo is doomed and should switch to software only. That Nintendo needs to do something to keep third parties making games for their systems and to lock up key titles as exclusives. Mind you these comments range from nintendrones to sonytrolls. Now when Nintendo goes out and makes a huge ay such as lock up monster hunter for their 3ds or pay to develop and publish bayonetta 2 Sony and Microsoft fans go bonkers. O crapcom this crapcom that... What if there was only a vita version? It wouldn't be crapcom anymore because it would benifit sony's platform. You people are so contradicting its just ridiculous. Grow up and deal with it. You laugh every time Nintendo doesn't get a port of an upcoming game yet cry for this please. Me personally I'm glad vita won't get this title even if it's a delayed release.

Instead of complaining about exclusivity why not just buy a 3ds and mh4 and play the game you are so upset about?

There are more than enough games to justify a 140$ few 3ds or 180$ for the XL. 

kupomogli said:

PS Vita owners who want a Monster Hunter should play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Just like the first ever released Monster Hunter, it's practically the same game anyways.  If you're not a fan of the series I wouldn't recommend it.  If you are, then just buy a Wii U and play with the other 100 western Monster Hunter fans.

MH3 on Wii sold 2m. That's more than 100 western MH fans there.

orniletter said:
pezus said:
Carl2291 said:
pezus said:

I guess that's why capcom keep making 360 Monster Hunters >_>. Monster Hunter practically made the PSP. It could've made the Vita as well. Capcom made the deal way before either 3DS or Vita had much of an install base.

It could have, yeah.

Like I said, the Vita needs Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter doesnt need Vita.

But Capcom loves money. They would get more money if they made a Vita game. Nothing is stopping them from making both Vita games and 3DS games, except Nintendo's checks

But Activision loves money. They would get more money if they made a 3DS game. Nothing is stopping them from making both Vita games and 3DS games, except Sony's checks

lol

Around the Network

If it came out Monster Hunter 4 PSVita honestly I wouldn't even buy it back when I first got my limited edition PSVita on feb/14th/12 I wanted to play a game with my friends so they said oh do you got MH so I got it for $20 (I think) off PSN and I completely wasted my money had no idea the hype was over such a crazy lame game the characters outfits/armor are a joke they got no skills or finish moves nothing special at all! And what top it off was its SLOW I hate slow combat it's boring and out of date for today gaming IMO so I don't care for Monster Hunter what I DO care for is GOD EATER 2 & PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2. Also I don't care for capcom at all for what they did to megaman unforgivable... 

TechXIII: Listen To Our Story.

Well, 'at the moment' is a bit better than 'ever'. hehe.

Also, does Capcom USA really know anything to have a say in the matter? It's probably Capcom JP that says what's being developed or not.

Demensha said:

I'm confused. People on these forums have been blasting Nintendo is doomed and should switch to software only. That Nintendo needs to do something to keep third parties making games for their systems and to lock up key titles as exclusives. Mind you these comments range from nintendrones to sonytrolls. Now when Nintendo goes out and makes a huge ay such as lock up monster hunter for their 3ds or pay to develop and publish bayonetta 2 Sony and Microsoft fans go bonkers. O crapcom this crapcom that... What if there was only a vita version? It wouldn't be crapcom anymore because it would benifit sony's platform. You people are so contradicting its just ridiculous. Grow up and deal with it. You laugh every time Nintendo doesn't get a port of an upcoming game yet cry for this please. Me personally I'm glad vita won't get this title even if it's a delayed release.

Instead of complaining about exclusivity why not just buy a 3ds and mh4 and play the game you are so upset about?

There are more than enough games to justify a 140$ few 3ds or 180$ for the XL. 

The major point of discussion here is not whether Ninty did a great job moneyhatting Capcom (I appluad them for that), but whether they are not developing a psvita mh game, porting an already made game or even making a spin off (ok that's just my point) for the vita to make more money. Based on their past decisions, the small install base of vita is not a compelling argument, as shown by games on WiiU and 360. Based on the facts we have it's much more likely that they have a deal and are not allowed to release a mh game on psvita. That's all.

@bolded

I'm sorry, but I find this a terrible argument. Following this logic, one should not complain about the lack of 3rd party  games on wiiu and just get a ps3 super slim. It costs less than a wiiu and has a much better library.

They'll just have to be content with their sales numbers for MH falling even further then.

Aah, buissness as usual. As soon as it is clear people won't get a game, "The series wasn't this good anyways" (See Bayonetta, see "Who cares about 3rd party anyways"). Classic.