By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

orniletter said:

SCA refused to allow this game in the west because:

1. It lacked Trophies

2. Companys aren´t allowed to release PSP-HD collections if they don´t contain at least 2 games

3. Sony refused to update the Ad-hoc software in the West (they use a different version in Japan) which would mean that Capcom would have to make significant changes to the code

....add a very helpful Nintendo to the mix:

1.They won every single handheld generation since they created the market

2.They were very, very supportive (Nintendo of Europe translates and publishes Monster Hunter, Nintendo paid for the marketing campaign, Nintendo pays for the Servers for MH3U/Vanilla 3)

ah ok ... clears up a lot now.

but in japan it is ok to release a game without trophies and psp-hd collections with one game ?
strange decisions ...

but I think now both are at fault (some more than other) but yeah 

but i can see now why there is no monster hunter on a sony system besides money hatting (which most ppl say)

Around the Network
Scisca said:

PC is a different thing than a console, this argument is just rubbish. There is no business advantage in releasing a game for all platforms (Wii U included) and just ignoring Vita. Sony made Vita in a way that makes porting easy and cheap, so thay can't say that the game wouldn't earn the money back. 3DS is in a better position now, but nothing is stopping them from releasing multiplats.

I love Vita to bits. I think you will know that from my constant ramblings in the Vita thread. But there is 1 very obvious business reason not to release a game on Vita. That suggests they do not feel the returns would be worth the investment of the port.

I'd love to know what sort of investment/returns came from the likes of Need for Speed Most Wanted, Legends of War (once the sales figures come in) and the other Vita titles which have been ported. Even Warner Bros' 3DS and DS ports actually.

I'd love to think Developers make lots of money on Vita, but no business turns down obvious money and the fact that not just Capcom, but most other major publishers aren't currently keen to release stuff on Vita suggests at the moment, they don't see enough potential returns to make the initial investment.

Hopefully they're all proven wrong and all these indies and smaller publishers pouring their heart into Vita games will make millions in return for their support!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Nem said:
KingKazuma34 said:
What makes me laugh is that Capcom releases these games on the Wii U, which has an even lower install base than the Vita. So Capcom has something against the Vita, or maybe Nintendo is just giving them money to not make anything on the Vita

Stop thinking Sony were innocent in all this, they werent. Sony pushed Monster Hunter into Nintendo's hands by the way they treated Capcom in the west. It will take time and a good reason for them to go back to a Sony system after Sony blocked MHP3 HD for PS3. The reason why MH3U came out on the Wii U is totally Sony's fault.

When did I say Sony was innocent? Im just saying I thought it was weird for them to be putting content out for Ps3 but not Vita, even though the Vita has a bigger install base then the Wii U. Capcom is still making games for Ps3, they just released another Dragons Dogma on it. I just find it weird they are not going to be putting MH, which made its name popular on the PSP, is not coming to the Vita. Im not a Sony fanboy if you are thinking that by the way, I have a 3ds and a gaming PC.

MRKs said:
Scisca said:
MRKs said:
Scisca said:
MRKs said:
KylieDog said:
orniletter said:
KylieDog said:

...and why MH3U 3DS has online!   Oh wait!

Oh please, you know damn well that NONE of the PSP games supported online play on their own, it was TRI (on the Wii) that had online play out of the bag.

In the case of Portable 3rd you needed a PS3 and the Ad-hoc app to go online, which is the same setup with the 3DS and Wii U.

pfft...

Yeah last gen systems, we're in a new gen now with new expectations.

The supposed enhanced Tri port lacks a main feature of Tri, only lacking for the 3DS, the WiiU has it still.  If MH3U went to Vita it would have online.

That's hypothetical, we will never know until it happens. For the record, God Eater 2 (PSP/PSV) doesn't have online, and that Ragnarok Oddissey game didn't had online until the dev made a patch to make it online compatible.

So, even if we are on a new gen, online doesn't seem to be a main feature in hunting game, maybe because the japanese market doens't care much about online.

On topic : After reading all the comments, I must say I'm impressed for the loyalty of some users. I mean, if you really like MH then buy a 3DS and play the hell out of the game, if you don't have money for a 3DS then wait and probably Crapcom will port this game at least 3 times on different consoles. 

I still don't get the whole "If its not on the console I want, I will not play the game!" I have a 3DS/PSV and play the games I want, whatever the brand is

The thing you don't understand is that we care more about the Vita than about MH. Additionally, the game would just be a lot better on Vita than on the inferior 3DS.

That's subjective, I could say I like more MH on 3DS because of 3D.  Also the same can be applied in the Vita, by that logic a PS4/NextBox/Wii U would be better than on the inferior Vita.

You could say that, but then there is the issue of having two analogs, which clearly puts 3DS at a disadvantage. These are not handhelds, so can't be compared here.

I kinda see your point now, I still think is silly to not play a game I want just because is not on the console I want though. Looking the bright side, the abscense of MH on the Vita brings opportunity for other hunting game to take the spotlight. For example, I am hyped for Soul Sacrifice, God Eater 2, Toukiden and I already have Ragnarok Oddisey. While some of these game may not be "on par" to MH, these are fun and it still shows the Vita is the console for hunting games.

Anyway, I still recommend people to play MH 4 if they love MH, even if its "inferior" to a hypothetical version of Vita. Also, give it 2 years and the game will be ported to home consoles/handhelds / Smartphones etc :P

Like I've already said, I don't really care about MH - I've pre-ordered Soul Sacrifice and it will be my first ever hunting game, so I guess I won't need more hunting games for quite some time. I do care about RE: R though and other games crapcom may make in the future, but it's the only 3DS game so far that I want to play. I won't be buying a 3DS for just one game, I'd rather support a platform that I like much more and that has more games for me. Seeing it struggle the way it is and being so abused (I'm not talking about MH4 here, but about the RE: R multiplatform edition) is enraging and is the reason I decided to boycott crapcom. I hope they port these games soon, if they do - I'm gonna buy RE: R Vita without a doubt.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

MikeRox said:
Scisca said:

PC is a different thing than a console, this argument is just rubbish. There is no business advantage in releasing a game for all platforms (Wii U included) and just ignoring Vita. Sony made Vita in a way that makes porting easy and cheap, so thay can't say that the game wouldn't earn the money back. 3DS is in a better position now, but nothing is stopping them from releasing multiplats.

I love Vita to bits. I think you will know that from my constant ramblings in the Vita thread. But there is 1 very obvious business reason not to release a game on Vita. That suggests they do not feel the returns would be worth the investment of the port.

I'd love to know what sort of investment/returns came from the likes of Need for Speed Most Wanted, Legends of War (once the sales figures come in) and the other Vita titles which have been ported. Even Warner Bros' 3DS and DS ports actually.

I'd love to think Developers make lots of money on Vita, but no business turns down obvious money and the fact that not just Capcom, but most other major publishers aren't currently keen to release stuff on Vita suggests at the moment, they don't see enough potential returns to make the initial investment.

Hopefully they're all proven wrong and all these indies and smaller publishers pouring their heart into Vita games will make millions in return for their support!

I've read some time ago that selling 100k copies covers the cost of a port of an Assassin's Creed game. Porting a game to Vita should cost as much, if not less, so if a port of a game sells 200-300k, it is easily profitable. The franchises we're talking about would easily sell such numbers on Vita, so there is no reason not to port them.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

I guess it just doesn't pay, with such a small market share. Hasn't this usually been the trend?

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

KingKazuma34 said:
Nem said:
KingKazuma34 said:
What makes me laugh is that Capcom releases these games on the Wii U, which has an even lower install base than the Vita. So Capcom has something against the Vita, or maybe Nintendo is just giving them money to not make anything on the Vita

Stop thinking Sony were innocent in all this, they werent. Sony pushed Monster Hunter into Nintendo's hands by the way they treated Capcom in the west. It will take time and a good reason for them to go back to a Sony system after Sony blocked MHP3 HD for PS3. The reason why MH3U came out on the Wii U is totally Sony's fault.

When did I say Sony was innocent? Im just saying I thought it was weird for them to be putting content out for Ps3 but not Vita, even though the Vita has a bigger install base then the Wii U. Capcom is still making games for Ps3, they just released another Dragons Dogma on it. I just find it weird they are not going to be putting MH, which made its name popular on the PSP, is not coming to the Vita. Im not a Sony fanboy if you are thinking that by the way, I have a 3ds and a gaming PC.

I just wanted to tell you that Sony wasnt innocent in all this and are in fact responsible for it. I would love for them to put MH on the Vita aswell, even though i have a 3DS. The Vita feels more confortable and has the second analog from the get-go (besides better graphics). Actually, they could totally port the Wii U version to the Vita without much trouble if they wanted. The problem is they just dont have the incentive to do it. At least until we show them that MH clones sell better on the Vita. Soul sacrifice may outsell monster hunter on the 3DS, and that is somewhat of an achievement for the Vita.