By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

DeduS said:
curl-6 said:
DeduS said:
Oh... and to all the gloating Nintendo fans: I hope you remember your cockiness the next time the WiiU gets shafted by a major third-party developer.

I've seen vastly more gloating from Sony/MS fans over games Wii/Wii U missed out on, so I'd say it's more of a matter of whether they remember their cockiness now that it's (possibly) happened to them.

Oh, I get it. Obviously it's ok for Nintendo fans to behave like that, but damn those pesky Sony/MS fans - how dare they?!

In my opinion it's just dickish behaviour, no matter what side it's coming from.

People who get the games, get nothing out of the other side not getting them and the side that doesn't get the games obviously loses the ability to play them. From a gamer's perspective there is no winner in this situation - unless you consider internet bragging rights a win.

I never said it was okay for Nintendo fans to do it, its dickish whoever does it. It's just funny to see Nintendo fans accused of it when they're the least frequent offenders and they're usually on the recieving end  due to Wii/Wii U's third party woes. It's like 

Around the Network
Jinova said:
curl-6 said:
Jinova said:
curl-6 said:
Jinova said:
Jinova: " I've got no plans to buy any Capcom games at the moment."

Out of curiosity, are you actually interested in Monster Hunter?

Sure, I have MH Freedom unite on my psp.  

And you want to play MH4?

I would like a MH game on my Vita. 

So you don't really want to play MH4.

Scisca said:
Demensha said:
naruball said:
Demensha said:

I'm confused. People on these forums have been blasting Nintendo is doomed and should switch to software only. That Nintendo needs to do something to keep third parties making games for their systems and to lock up key titles as exclusives. Mind you these comments range from nintendrones to sonytrolls. Now when Nintendo goes out and makes a huge ay such as lock up monster hunter for their 3ds or pay to develop and publish bayonetta 2 Sony and Microsoft fans go bonkers. O crapcom this crapcom that... What if there was only a vita version? It wouldn't be crapcom anymore because it would benifit sony's platform. You people are so contradicting its just ridiculous. Grow up and deal with it. You laugh every time Nintendo doesn't get a port of an upcoming game yet cry for this please. Me personally I'm glad vita won't get this title even if it's a delayed release.

Instead of complaining about exclusivity why not just buy a 3ds and mh4 and play the game you are so upset about?

There are more than enough games to justify a 140$ few 3ds or 180$ for the XL. 

The major point of discussion here is not whether Ninty did a great job moneyhatting Capcom (I appluad them for that), but whether they are not developing a psvita mh game, porting an already made game or even making a spin off (ok that's just my point) for the vita to make more money. Based on their past decisions, the small install base of vita is not a compelling argument, as shown by games on WiiU and 360. Based on the facts we have it's much more likely that they have a deal and are not allowed to release a mh game on psvita. That's all.

@bolded

I'm sorry, but I find this a terrible argument. Following this logic, one should not complain about the lack of 3rd party  games on wiiu and just get a ps3 super slim. It costs less than a wiiu and has a much better library.

I'm sorry how is purchasing a certain device to play a game that you want to play a bad thing?  Another thing if I want to play gta4 can I do it on my wii u? Nope! so I'm forced to buy either a play station or an Xbox360. FYI I did purchase a ps3 for god of war and batman. 

The reason this argument pisses people off is because of how certain Sony fans go over board for one game (1). I mean really people calling them crapcom, or claiming they will boycott all future capcom games until a MH4 is released on vita. This type of attitude is just silly. (2) While we are at it lets call this what it really is. Vita install base sucks donkey ass and a mh game would help the vita Immensely at least in Japan and that's the real reason people are crying (3). They don't like seeing their companies device flounder especially to a childish Nintendo device. (4)

1) Not one game. MH4, RE: R are already two huge games and whatever is coming in the future will most probably miss Vita as well. It's not one game, it's a company ignoring the whole platform.

2) It's not silly, it's called voting with your wallet and is the foundation stone of a free market. I don't like what this company does, so I stop buying their products, can't see anything silly about it. It's exactly what people did with DmC. Fans don't want this new stupid Dante, they want the old one. They didn't buy DmC, so crapcom won't make a DmC2 now, if anything - when they get over what happened, they'll make a proper DMC5 with old Dante - just what fans want. Fans showed their power and I'm doing this one more time.

3) Thanks for sharing this knowledge with us. It's not like it's been said numerous times in this very topic and many other...

4) Yup. I want higher quality games and I have no doubt that a version of a game developed for Vita will be superior to a version of the same game developed for a 3DS, especially a game like MH or RE. Vita version will have better graphics and better controls - two things that make a big difference for me.

Also - comparing the lack of a MH or RE game on Vita to the lack of multiplats on Wii U is only right in principle, but there actually is a difference in real life. I can understand why a small or medium company decides not to make a Wii U port of a game that's maybe gonna sell 100-150k on Wii U. I don't like it and think there is no real excuse for huge companies like EA to do so, though Nintendo should do some additional enticing here, since a huge chunk of responsibility for core market moving away from their platforms lays on them. On the other hand these crapcom games would surely sell enough on Vita to make a profit, there is no risk of losing money on a Vita version. They wouldn't sell just 100k. I wouldn't be angry at any company for not making exclusive Vita games and instead going for multiplat 3DS/Vita. Porting a game is financially viable, especially if it's a big franchise with a tradition on Sony platforms, thus having a market here. If you refuse to do that - I refuse to buy your games.

Or maybe they are taking a page from other companies that give the shaft to wii u with the "we can't afford to add another project to our team right now because our current projects would suffer in the quality department".

DeduS said:
It's getting pretty obvious that Capcom simply doesn't like the Vita. It's not just Monster Hunter - they don't support the system at all. If I liked any Capcom franchises besides Breath of Fire (which is dead anyway), I would be pretty pissed as well.

Oh... and to all the gloating Nintendo fans: I hope you remember your cockiness the next time the WiiU gets shafted by a major third-party developer.

I think the gloating that some are sharing is from all the Sony fans constantly ripping on Nintendo for no reason at all. Not to mention your treating this as if it's the first time in history to happen. Breath of fire 1 and 2 were the only good games in that series anyway. 

007BondAgent said:
pretty weak considering it was originally a psp franchise

this is why i dislike capcom

You feel the same about final fantasy? That was originally a Nintendo franchise. O wait that wouldn't count because the roles are reversed..... 

Around the Network
ChristianSoldier said:

gigaSheik said:
I'm a Nintendo fan but always wanted to try MH seeing how well it was selling on the PSP. When Tri came out for the Wii, I decided to give it a try and 1800 hours of gameply later I accepted the fact that I love the game. After that, I bought a PSP so I could try the earlier games to check it out. Add more 700 hours or so of gameplay. When Capcom announced they were working on the 4th installment of the series I was preparing myself to buy a Vita. I'm a fan of the game and I'll buy the system that's going to have it. I believe every true MH fan thinks that way. The rest is just a bunch of stupid fanboys crying foul for something they don't even play.

You win this thread.

Finally a gamer that gets it. 

Well this thread has ended badly. I'd love a Monster Hunter game on the Vita, but if it doesn't come then I'll just get the 4th iteration on the 3DS, no biggy. If you really wanted to play the game, then either get the PSP iterations (of which there are plenty), or buy a 3DS/Wii U to play the newer entries, the 3DS can be got relatively on the cheap now as well.

There's no point saying that a company is "entitled" to a gaming franchise because it was on there first (read: Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid etc.), and similarly boycotting a company because a game is not coming to your handheld of choice is equally as ridiculous, if not moreso. If you want the game that badly, you'll buy the system which plays it, surely? Or as I said earlier, choose one of the many PSP games and get your fix from that.

Now, my intention is not to come off as offensive in any of what I said, nor is it aimed at anyone in particular. It's just the way that we think, that we're entitled to every game coming out on every system, when this isn't the case. Because let's face it, a number of people calling doom for Nintendo are merely doing it so that they can go 3rd party, so the games will go to their platform of choice rather than shelling out for a new system (because that went so well for SEGA). But why? If you really want to play the games, you'll eventually buy the system to play them, it's pretty clean-cut in my eyes.

So can everyone stop feeling so entitled to every game? Capcom may or may not be paid off by Nintendo, but even if they are it doesn't mean you need to get angry at the company. I'm sure Capcom are perfectly happy with how things have turned out.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Demensha said:

Breath of fire 1 and 2 were the only good games in that series anyway.

1-4 were imo all good games. 5 was kinda meh, but I still enjoyed it. Breath of Fire 3 is actually my favourite one and one of my favourite games in general. I really wish Capcom would bring the series back, but with the general decline in the JRPG-genre they probably don't see it as a worthwhile endeavor.

ironmanDX said:
Scisca said:
ironmanDX said:
Scisca said:
As long as crapcom keeps ignoring Vita, I'm going to ignore crapcom. Personally, I don't really care about MH.

Lol, didn't have to look far after all.

Yeah, you could try to read my whole post and see that I do care about RE: R. Don't try so hard to be such a smarta$$, cause you obviously can't do it and just humiliate yourself.

I did read it all. Why not by console Resident Evil games hmm? The idea of not buying Capcom games just because MH didn't release on the Vita is stupid. That would act as more of a deterrent if anything. The more games they sell, the more they will release. The more they release on the Vita, the more Vita's get sold, the more games they sell again in turn to release more.

As long as they keep their biggest guns off of Vita, they won't get a single penny from me.

If you think that boycotting them will work though, by all means.... It hasn't worked so far, has it.

Cause what kind of a boycott would it be, if I was buying their games? And no, it's not just because MH didn't release on Vita. It's because they didn't release MH, RE and most probably won't release their next games as well. They stopped releasing games on Vita, so I have no idea what you're talking about. What games should they sell more? What profit should they make on Vita? There are no games, everything is coming to other platforms. I don't like that conduct, so I stop supporting this company. If more people do that, the CEO will eventually get fired (the sooner the better) and a new one may green light some Vita projects. Boycotting has worked so far - there will be no more stupid DmC, right? Instead of giving my money to a company ignoring my favourite platform, I give that money to companies that support it - can't see anything stupid about it.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

KylieDog said:
orniletter said:
KylieDog said:

...and why MH3U 3DS has online!   Oh wait!

Oh please, you know damn well that NONE of the PSP games supported online play on their own, it was TRI (on the Wii) that had online play out of the bag.

In the case of Portable 3rd you needed a PS3 and the Ad-hoc app to go online, which is the same setup with the 3DS and Wii U.

pfft...

Yeah last gen systems, we're in a new gen now with new expectations.

The supposed enhanced Tri port lacks a main feature of Tri, only lacking for the 3DS, the WiiU has it still.  If MH3U went to Vita it would have online.

That's hypothetical, we will never know until it happens. For the record, God Eater 2 (PSP/PSV) doesn't have online, and that Ragnarok Oddissey game didn't had online until the dev made a patch to make it online compatible.

So, even if we are on a new gen, online doesn't seem to be a main feature in hunting game, maybe because the japanese market doens't care much about online.

On topic : After reading all the comments, I must say I'm impressed for the loyalty of some users. I mean, if you really like MH then buy a 3DS and play the hell out of the game, if you don't have money for a 3DS then wait and probably Crapcom will port this game at least 3 times on different consoles. 

I still don't get the whole "If its not on the console I want, I will not play the game!" I have a 3DS/PSV and play the games I want, whatever the brand is

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin