By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

MRKs said:
KylieDog said:
orniletter said:
KylieDog said:

...and why MH3U 3DS has online!   Oh wait!

Oh please, you know damn well that NONE of the PSP games supported online play on their own, it was TRI (on the Wii) that had online play out of the bag.

In the case of Portable 3rd you needed a PS3 and the Ad-hoc app to go online, which is the same setup with the 3DS and Wii U.

pfft...

Yeah last gen systems, we're in a new gen now with new expectations.

The supposed enhanced Tri port lacks a main feature of Tri, only lacking for the 3DS, the WiiU has it still.  If MH3U went to Vita it would have online.

That's hypothetical, we will never know until it happens. For the record, God Eater 2 (PSP/PSV) doesn't have online, and that Ragnarok Oddissey game didn't had online until the dev made a patch to make it online compatible.

So, even if we are on a new gen, online doesn't seem to be a main feature in hunting game, maybe because the japanese market doens't care much about online.

On topic : After reading all the comments, I must say I'm impressed for the loyalty of some users. I mean, if you really like MH then buy a 3DS and play the hell out of the game, if you don't have money for a 3DS then wait and probably Crapcom will port this game at least 3 times on different consoles. 

I still don't get the whole "If its not on the console I want, I will not play the game!" I have a 3DS/PSV and play the games I want, whatever the brand is

The thing you don't understand is that we care more about the Vita than about MH. Additionally, the game would just be a lot better on Vita than on the inferior 3DS.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

I'll believe it when 2014 ends and there's no news of a 4G for Vita. Until then, I'll just chalk this up to typical PR and the rumored Nintendo exclusivity contract.

The issue behind this is clear: developers are worried that if the system does not sell, neither will their games, which can take thousands to make one game for Vita...

Scisca said:
MRKs said:
KylieDog said:
orniletter said:
KylieDog said:

Oh please, you know damn well that NONE of the PSP games supported online play on their own, it was TRI (on the Wii) that had online play out of the bag.

In the case of Portable 3rd you needed a PS3 and the Ad-hoc app to go online, which is the same setup with the 3DS and Wii U.

pfft...

The supposed enhanced Tri port lacks a main feature of Tri, only lacking for the 3DS, the WiiU has it still.  If MH3U went to Vita it would have online.

That's hypothetical, we will never know until it happens. For the record, God Eater 2 (PSP/PSV) doesn't have online, and that Ragnarok Oddissey game didn't had online until the dev made a patch to make it online compatible.

So, even if we are on a new gen, online doesn't seem to be a main feature in hunting game, maybe because the japanese market doens't care much about online.

On topic : After reading all the comments, I must say I'm impressed for the loyalty of some users. I mean, if you really like MH then buy a 3DS and play the hell out of the game, if you don't have money for a 3DS then wait and probably Crapcom will port this game at least 3 times on different consoles. 

I still don't get the whole "If its not on the console I want, I will not play the game!" I have a 3DS/PSV and play the games I want, whatever the brand is

The thing you don't understand is that we care more about the Vita than about MH. Additionally, the game would just be a lot better on Vita than on the inferior 3DS.

That's subjective, I could say I like more MH on 3DS because of 3D.  Also the same can be applied in the Vita, by that logic a PS4/NextBox/Wii U would be better than on the inferior Vita.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

MRKs said:
Scisca said:
MRKs said:
KylieDog said:
orniletter said:
KylieDog said:

pfft...

I could say I like more MH on 3DS because of 3D

In theory, but would you? Everyone I know including myself just turns the 3D off now.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
ironmanDX said:
Scisca said:
ironmanDX said:
Scisca said:
As long as crapcom keeps ignoring Vita, I'm going to ignore crapcom. Personally, I don't really care about MH.

Lol, didn't have to look far after all.

Yeah, you could try to read my whole post and see that I do care about RE: R. Don't try so hard to be such a smarta$$, cause you obviously can't do it and just humiliate yourself.

I did read it all. Why not by console Resident Evil games hmm? The idea of not buying Capcom games just because MH didn't release on the Vita is stupid. That would act as more of a deterrent if anything. The more games they sell, the more they will release. The more they release on the Vita, the more Vita's get sold, the more games they sell again in turn to release more.

As long as they keep their biggest guns off of Vita, they won't get a single penny from me.

If you think that boycotting them will work though, by all means.... It hasn't worked so far, has it.

Cause what kind of a boycott would it be, if I was buying their games? And no, it's not just because MH didn't release on Vita. It's because they didn't release MH, RE and most probably won't release their next games as well. They stopped releasing games on Vita, so I have no idea what you're talking about. What games should they sell more? What profit should they make on Vita? There are no games, everything is coming to other platforms. I don't like that conduct, so I stop supporting this company. If more people do that, the CEO will eventually get fired (the sooner the better) and a new one may green light some Vita projects. Boycotting has worked so far - there will be no more stupid DmC, right? Instead of giving my money to a company ignoring my favourite platform, I give that money to companies that support it - can't see anything stupid about it.

So you don't approve of that conduct? Which conduct is that? the one that does not release games on the vita or the company that chooses not to release games on all devices. I have a funny feeling you approve of third party companies shafting nintendos home console.

Scisca said:
MRKs said:
KylieDog said:
orniletter said:
KylieDog said:

pfft...

Then maybe no console should have third party games since a PC is superior to all current and soon to be released consoles. Well mine is anyway. Or maybe resident evil already had a handheld launch; therefore, capcom is only making the superior home console versions. Plus again from a buisness stand point the 3ds is the superior choice. If the roles were reversed I'm sure capcom would skip nintendos HH for the vita.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I wouldn't expect a Monster Hunter to be announced this side of a Vita sales explosion.

Can't say I blame Capcom for taking that position either, but then, fortune favours the brave, and the most "big" publishers avoid Vita, the better the openings for the smaller publishers and indies.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MRKs said:
Scisca said:
MRKs said:
KylieDog said:
orniletter said:
KylieDog said:

pfft...

That's subjective, I could say I like more MH on 3DS because of 3D.  Also the same can be applied in the Vita, by that logic a PS4/NextBox/Wii U would be better than on the inferior Vita.

You could say that, but then there is the issue of having two analogs, which clearly puts 3DS at a disadvantage. These are not handhelds, so can't be compared here.

Demensha said:
Scisca said:
MRKs said:
KylieDog said:
orniletter said:
KylieDog said:

pfft...

The supposed enhanced Tri port lacks a main feature of Tri, only lacking for the 3DS, the WiiU has it still.  If MH3U went to Vita it would have online.

On topic : After reading all the comments, I must say I'm impressed for the loyalty of some users. I mean, if you really like MH then buy a 3DS and play the hell out of the game, if you don't have money for a 3DS then wait and probably Crapcom will port this game at least 3 times on different consoles. 

Then maybe no console should have third party games since a PC is superior to all current and soon to be released consoles. Well mine is anyway. Or maybe resident evil already had a handheld launch; therefore, capcom is only making the superior home console versions. Plus again from a buisness stand point the 3ds is the superior choice. If the roles were reversed I'm sure capcom would skip nintendos HH for the vita.

PC is a different thing than a console, this argument is just rubbish. There is no business advantage in releasing a game for all platforms (Wii U included) and just ignoring Vita. Sony made Vita in a way that makes porting easy and cheap, so thay can't say that the game wouldn't earn the money back. 3DS is in a better position now, but nothing is stopping them from releasing multiplats.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Demensha said:
Scisca said:
ironmanDX said:
Scisca said:
ironmanDX said:
Scisca said:
As long as crapcom keeps ignoring Vita, I'm going to ignore crapcom. Personally, I don't really care about MH.

Lol, didn't have to look far after all.

Yeah, you could try to read my whole post and see that I do care about RE: R. Don't try so hard to be such a smarta$$, cause you obviously can't do it and just humiliate yourself.

I did read it all. Why not by console Resident Evil games hmm? The idea of not buying Capcom games just because MH didn't release on the Vita is stupid. That would act as more of a deterrent if anything. The more games they sell, the more they will release. The more they release on the Vita, the more Vita's get sold, the more games they sell again in turn to release more.

As long as they keep their biggest guns off of Vita, they won't get a single penny from me.

If you think that boycotting them will work though, by all means.... It hasn't worked so far, has it.

Cause what kind of a boycott would it be, if I was buying their games? And no, it's not just because MH didn't release on Vita. It's because they didn't release MH, RE and most probably won't release their next games as well. They stopped releasing games on Vita, so I have no idea what you're talking about. What games should they sell more? What profit should they make on Vita? There are no games, everything is coming to other platforms. I don't like that conduct, so I stop supporting this company. If more people do that, the CEO will eventually get fired (the sooner the better) and a new one may green light some Vita projects. Boycotting has worked so far - there will be no more stupid DmC, right? Instead of giving my money to a company ignoring my favourite platform, I give that money to companies that support it - can't see anything stupid about it.

So you don't approve of that conduct? Which conduct is that? the one that does not release games on the vita or the company that chooses not to release games on all devices. I have a funny feeling you approve of third party companies shafting nintendos home console.

Of not releasing games at all on Vita. They release multiplats on all other platforms, just ignore Vita.

I can see a reason why companies don't release multiplatform games on singnifantly inferior consoles with different architectures (was the case with Wii, isn't the case with Wii U right now, but will be once PS4/X720 enter the market) in which the manufacturer has pretty much killed their target core market. Not releasing multiplats in this case doesn't equal to outright ignoring a platform - just to make it clear. crapcom is doing just that right now. I don't own a Wii U and I'm not interested at all in buying it until it drops to 150 Euro, but I'm fairly certain that it will do well starting this Christmas, no matter what 3rd parties do. It's a Nintendo 1st party console to me anyway, I won't be interested in multiplats on Wii U, won't buy a single one, just like I didn't buy a single multiplat on the Wii - I'll buy it just to play Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, ZombiU, etc. I think that there will be a decent number of 3rd parties that will release multiplat or even exclusive games on Wii U anyway, cause they won't be able to afford the jump to next gen.

Nintendo decided to bring such fate upon itself by releasing such underpowered hardware. They follow their own path and have to bear all the consequences. The Vita is a different case, cause you can't argue there are any technical reasons why a game can be on 3DS, but can't be made on Vita. You also can't say that the Vita gamer isn't interested in games like RE or MH. I don't expect exclusive games, but I do demand multiplats, especially if they release a game on every single other platform on the market.