By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

Jinova said:
Playstationfan12 said:
you know what i find funny. crapcom doenst want to put mh on vita because of its small userbase yet they put mh on wiiu even though it has a smaller userbase than the vita. why cant they just admit they were paid by nintendo to make it exclusive. Vitas small userbase didnt stop AC and COD from coming to it.

You have won this thread.

Far from it, the WiiU game is a port of a port, and it doesn't compromise sales of their next game. MH4 is the most important thing of the franchise right now, why they would want to announce a game for the direct competitor devise right now?

People should stop putting their frustration and wishes aside and just see the whole picture. There will be a MH for PSV, but they won't announce it now. Is it so hard to understand?

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Scisca said:
As long as crapcom keeps ignoring Vita, I'm going to ignore crapcom. Personally, I don't really care about MH.

Lol, didn't have to look far after all.

Yeah, you could try to read my whole post and see that I do care about RE: R. Don't try so hard to be such a smarta$$, cause you obviously can't do it and just humiliate yourself.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Booyah said:
007BondAgent said:
pretty weak considering it was originally a psp franchise

this is why i dislike capcom

So by the same logic I'm assuming you hate Square seeing as how Final Fantasy was originally a NES/SNES franchise?

I guss he hates Konami because Metal Gear was originally a MS franchise.

benao87 said:
Jinova said:
Playstationfan12 said:
you know what i find funny. crapcom doenst want to put mh on vita because of its small userbase yet they put mh on wiiu even though it has a smaller userbase than the vita. why cant they just admit they were paid by nintendo to make it exclusive. Vitas small userbase didnt stop AC and COD from coming to it.

You have won this thread.

Far from it, the WiiU game is a port of a port, and it doesn't compromise sales of their next game. MH4 is the most important thing of the franchise right now, why they would want to announce a game for the direct competitor devise right now?

People should stop putting their frustration and wishes aside and just see the whole picture. There will be a MH for PSV, but they won't announce it now. Is it so hard to understand?

So, they couldn't port a port of a port on psvita because?
They could have easily announced a Monster Hunter Ultimate Freedom on psvita when it launched and have made some serious money (at least 200.000 copies).

naruball said:
benao87 said:

They could have easily announced a Monster Hunter Ultimate Freedom on psvita when it launched and have made some serious money (at least 200.000 copies).

Because they took a decision, to release MH4 on 3DS. The newest installment of their franchise, the one that they are probably expecting to sell millions. Why would they send a message that MH can also be played on the direct competitor right now?

You chose to ignore the rest of my post. So I invite you to read the rest, and then do whatever you want. I'm out of this thread.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:

If you're referring to DS, I hardly think MH would have been technically possible on that system.

Phantasy Star Zero was possible. I'm quite sure they could port MH to the DS if they wanted.

I'm a Nintendo fan but always wanted to try MH seeing how well it was selling on the PSP. When Tri came out for the Wii, I decided to give it a try and 1800 hours of gameply later I accepted the fact that I love the game. After that, I bought a PSP so I could try the earlier games to check it out. Add more 700 hours or so of gameplay. When Capcom announced they were working on the 4th installment of the series I was preparing myself to buy a Vita. I'm a fan of the game and I'll buy the system that's going to have it. I believe every true MH fan thinks that way. The rest is just a bunch of stupid fanboys crying foul for something they don't even play.

gigaSheik said:
I'm a Nintendo fan but always wanted to try MH seeing how well it was selling on the PSP. When Tri came out for the Wii, I decided to give it a try and 1800 hours of gameply later I accepted the fact that I love the game. After that, I bought a PSP so I could try the earlier games to check it out. Add more 700 hours or so of gameplay. When Capcom announced they were working on the 4th installment of the series I was preparing myself to buy a Vita. I'm a fan of the game and I'll buy the system that's going to have it. I believe every true MH fan thinks that way. The rest is just a bunch of stupid fanboys crying foul for something they don't even play.

You win this thread.

Looking back, these boycott comments are strikingly familiar as Nintendo fans' comments on EA threads.

Sony fans ridicule those, some we can do the same here.

benao87 said:
naruball said:
benao87 said:

Because they took a decision, to release MH4 on 3DS. The newest installment of their franchise, the one that they are probably expecting to sell millions. Why would they send a message that MH can also be played on the direct competitor right now?

You chose to ignore the rest of my post. So I invite you to read the rest, and then do whatever you want. I'm out of this thread.

I did not ignore the rest of your post; I just disagree with it. How would a port of a port affect sales of 3ds? How would making mh4 available on both vita and 3ds affect the sales of the franchise? The most obvious reason is ninty moneyhatting for exclusivity, which is absolutely fine and a smart move on their part.