By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

Jinova: " I've got no plans to buy any Capcom games at the moment."

Tifa got MOVES!

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
You can clearly see the bias from many people here. They can't stand the loss of one single exclusive and go create the weakest excuses for them. It's mind boggling.

A user in this forum once said: "You can put as many arguments as you want, but in the end, we are getting what we want, and you will not." - regarding Skyward Sword. That also applies here.

They people that will boycott the game were not going to buy it on 3DS in the first place. They wouldn't buy a 3DS game ever. The fans (a lot of them) will.

It WILL be successful, it WILL be awesome, 3DS owners WILL enjoy it. You can keep complaining as much as you want, but it the end, it changes nothing.

Why do Nintendo fans, a large majority of them, act like other console fans are like them and only buy one console and one portable per generation? 

I have a 3DS and 3DS XL.  I'll purchase other 3DS games, just not Monster Hunter. 

As for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate being successful, awesome, and 3DS owners enjoying it.  I'm a 3DS owner and have played a Monster Hunter title before and I didn't enjoy it, so in that sense, the game is not awesome, and going by VGChartz numbers, the game is only successful because it's a PS2 quality game reworked and rereleased for the 100th time in Capcom fashion.  However, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is over a month old with each system alone having less than 100,000 sales in each western region, which most companies would deem unsuccessful.  I'd say it won't get 500,000 sales on both 3DS and Wii U combined in western regions by the end of this year.  Because no one but die hard Monster Hunter  fans care about it.

Jinova said:

Out of curiosity, are you actually interested in Monster Hunter?

kupomogli said:
morenoingrato said:
You can clearly see the bias from many people here. They can't stand the loss of one single exclusive and go create the weakest excuses for them. It's mind boggling.

A user in this forum once said: "You can put as many arguments as you want, but in the end, we are getting what we want, and you will not." - regarding Skyward Sword. That also applies here.

They people that will boycott the game were not going to buy it on 3DS in the first place. They wouldn't buy a 3DS game ever. The fans (a lot of them) will.

It WILL be successful, it WILL be awesome, 3DS owners WILL enjoy it. You can keep complaining as much as you want, but it the end, it changes nothing.

Why do Nintendo fans, a large majority of them, act like other console fans are like them and only buy one console and one portable per generation? 

I have a 3DS and 3DS XL.  I'll purchase other 3DS games, just not Monster Hunter. 

As for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate being successful, awesome, and 3DS owners enjoying it.  I'm a 3DS owner and have played a Monster Hunter title before and I didn't enjoy it, so in that sense, the game is not awesome, and going by VGChartz numbers, the game is only successful because it's a PS2 quality game reworked and rereleased for the 100th time in Capcom fashion.  However, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is over a month old with each system alone having less than 100,000 sales in each western region, which most companies would deem unsuccessful.  I'd say it won't get 500,000 sales on both 3DS and Wii U combined in western regions by the end of this year.  Because no one but die hard Monster Hunter  fans care about it.

Because Japan doesn't exist...

curl-6 said:
Jinova said:

Sure, I have MH Freedom unite on my psp.  

Tifa got MOVES!

Around the Network
Jinova said:
curl-6 said:
Jinova said:

And you want to play MH4?

curl-6 said:
Jinova said:
curl-6 said:
Jinova said:

And you want to play MH4?

I would like a MH game on my Vita. 

Tifa got MOVES!

curl-6 said:
DeduS said:
Oh... and to all the gloating Nintendo fans: I hope you remember your cockiness the next time the WiiU gets shafted by a major third-party developer.

I've seen vastly more gloating from Sony/MS fans over games Wii/Wii U missed out on, so I'd say it's more of a matter of whether they remember their cockiness now that it's (possibly) happened to them.

Oh, I get it. Obviously it's ok for Nintendo fans to behave like that, but damn those pesky Sony/MS fans - how dare they?!

In my opinion it's just dickish behaviour, no matter what side it's coming from.

People who get the games, get nothing out of the other side not getting them and the side that doesn't get the games obviously loses the ability to play them. From a gamer's perspective there is no winner in this situation - unless you consider internet bragging rights a win.

pretty weak considering it was originally a psp franchise

this is why i dislike capcom

007BondAgent said:
pretty weak considering it was originally a psp franchise

this is why i dislike capcom

I agree. Also Capcom's quality has dropped over the past few years, with the exception of Dragon's Dogma. 

Tifa got MOVES!