By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

Probably true... but even if they did plan to... it's not like they'd say.

Around the Network
Jinova said:
007BondAgent said:
pretty weak considering it was originally a psp franchise

this is why i dislike capcom

I agree. Also Capcom's quality has dropped over the past few years, with the exception of Dragon's Dogma. 

they pretty much just turned their back on it's fanbase.. i don't even own a vita and i'm pissed off over this

BaldrSkies said:
It's kind of a myth that Monster Hunter made the PSP a success in Japan. It added maybe a few million sales, but given that the hardware sales is nearly 20 million (that's well beyond even the Wii) a few million from MH wouldn't make or break the system.

You he no idea how this works, do you? It's called *momentum*. The PSP derived almost all of the momentum that 'made' the platform from Monster Hunter--take that away, and it wouldn't have sold anywhere near the number of units it did. 

(It is *not* about absolute numbers, or you could say that COD had no beneficial effect on 360 since it 'only' sells 12-million units a year in a userbase of 70-million--*if* single games in a franchise are selling to 20%+ of a systems' overall userbase, you can be damn sure that game is woth its weight in gold, and its effects are far more than just the sum of the sales of any one SKU.)

007BondAgent said:

PS2, actually.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Carl2291 said:
Vita needs Monster Hunter, Monster Hunter doesn't need Vita.

This is it. Its all about sales potential. I remember when they did MH3 for Wii in 2009, the Wii was selling like crazy and the ps3 still didnt have a good install base. The same goes for the 3ds updating of that game.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:

So by the same logic I'm assuming you hate Square seeing as how Final Fantasy was originally a NES/SNES franchise?

you know what i find funny. crapcom doenst want to put mh on vita because of its small userbase yet they put mh on wiiu even though it has a smaller userbase than the vita. why cant they just admit they were paid by nintendo to make it exclusive. Vitas small userbase didnt stop AC and COD from coming to it.

ECM said:
BaldrSkies said:
It's kind of a myth that Monster Hunter made the PSP a success in Japan. It added maybe a few million sales, but given that the hardware sales is nearly 20 million (that's well beyond even the Wii) a few million from MH wouldn't make or break the system.

You he no idea how this works, do you? It's called *momentum*. The PSP derived almost all of the momentum that 'made' the platform from Monster Hunter--take that away, and it wouldn't have sold anywhere near the number of units it did. 

(It is *not* about absolute numbers, or you could say that COD had no beneficial effect on 360 since it 'only' sells 12-million units a year in a userbase of 70-million--*if* single games in a franchise are selling to 20%+ of a systems' overall userbase, you can be damn sure that game is woth its weight in gold, and its effects are far more than just the sum of the sales of any one SKU.)

Agreed. People tend to forget or underestimate the significance of momentum. Even if people don't buy MH, their friends might get a psp for it and talk about it. This is what helps sales. iphone wasn't a success solely because of quality, but to a great extent becuase of hype and people talking about it. One of the many reasons vita is failing hd sales-wise is that it's not perceived as a hot product and thus not something cool to own no matter how good it is. I bought a psp in the first place before joining the army, only because of the word of mouth from friends who finished their military service. No single game was the reason.

Playstationfan12 said:
you know what i find funny. crapcom doenst want to put mh on vita because of its small userbase yet they put mh on wiiu even though it has a smaller userbase than the vita. why cant they just admit they were paid by nintendo to make it exclusive. Vitas small userbase didnt stop AC and COD from coming to it.

You have won this thread.

Tifa got MOVES!

Playstationfan12 said:

Who said that ?