By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom: “We’ve Got no Plans for a PS Vita Monster Hunter at the Moment”

I think people need a reality check.

PlayStation Vita Japan Sales - 1,471,044

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS JP Sales - 1,863,668

Numbers speak louder than words.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
benao87 said:

Are all those japanese developers that keep releasing games for PSP and not for PSV also haters, stupid, greedy, and all of the other things people have stated here?

Well, less, because you can still play those games on Vita. But they certainly aren't helping. Having games like Shining Ark/Blade or Sword Art Online on PSP only is holding back Vita a lot. Such developers make a mistake in being so short-sighted imo. 

Short-sighted? They are not going to bleed cash just so PSV succeeds that's Sony's job. Mind you, lot of those developers making games for PSP are not big, and they need a good install base, actually Sony might have done something, as they could be jumping ship and start developing for 3DS. People have to realise something, PSV sales are scary, it is not doing well, and it will take time to get more steady releases. There will be a MH for PSV, just not now.

@Naruball I don't see how MHU represents a big effort from Capcom, it's a port from the 3DS one that it's a port of a Wii game. And some people have actually explained, in the MC/Famitsu thread, that the release of the X360 game is not as risky nor unprofitable as some have pointed out. Look, why it's so hard to see that MH4 is the flagship of the franchise, it's not wise to announce that there will be a coming game for another devise. It's not hate, not bad business, it's not that Capcom doesn't like money or any of the other things they have accused Capcom of. They'll release the game, let the hype go down, release the "Best Price" one, and then they they'll be able to announce something for PSV. Again, too late? Probably, but that's Sony's fault not Capcom's.

As long as crapcom keeps ignoring Vita, I'm going to ignore crapcom. Personally, I don't really care about MH, I've already pre-ordered Soul Sacrifice, so I've got my hunting game fix at least for the next 2 years, but I'd to see it being released on Vita just because it would boost sales, make Vita a more viable platform for other developers, which could result in more games for me.

The thing that makes me most furious at crapcom and that cause my boycott is that they are porting RE: Revelations to every single platform except for Vita! This is a game that I would buy 100%, I want to play it on my Vita. As long as they keep their biggest guns off of Vita, they won't get a single penny from me. The only crapcom games that I may buy have to be on Vita.

I'm not getting my hopes high, but I think it's possible for Vita to get MH4G and RE: Revelations later on in a couple of months. I'd be happy if that happened.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

It's not like they're going to announce it in the forums lol

I'm sure they got something cooking over at Capcom. I don't expect any announcements until after Monster Hunter 4 releases. They'll probably start with some PSP ports or "ultimate editions" on Vita.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
As long as crapcom keeps ignoring Vita, I'm going to ignore crapcom. Personally, I don't really care about MH, I've already pre-ordered Soul Sacrifice, so I've got my hunting game fix at least for the next 2 years, but I'd to see it being released on Vita just because it would boost sales, make Vita a more viable platform for other developers, which could result in more games for me.

The thing that makes me most furious at crapcom and that cause my boycott is that they are porting RE: Revelations to every single platform except for Vita! This is a game that I would buy 100%, I want to play it on my Vita. As long as they keep their biggest guns off of Vita, they won't get a single penny from me. The only crapcom games that I may buy have to be on Vita.

I'm not getting my hopes high, but I think it's possible for Vita to get MH4G and RE: Revelations later on in a couple of months. I'd be happy if that happened.

Nintendo probably got dibs on portable Resident Evil games or something.

Scisca said:

Your logic:

Wii U doesn't get third party = All Nintendo's fault.

Vita doesn't get third party = All third party's fault.

redgreenblue said:
Scisca said:

Your logic:

Wii U doesn't get third party = All Nintendo's fault.

Vita doesn't get third party = All third party's fault.

Could you bold the exact part of my post that refers to the Wii U?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

why do i keep reading stuff like this "They can sell far more Monster Hunter games on the 3DS at a cheaper dev cost. Why even bother with the Vita." did anyone look at Tri G's sales on 3DS, its not even close to the best selling MonHun

ktay95 said:
why do i keep reading stuff like this "They can sell far more Monster Hunter games on the 3DS at a cheaper dev cost. Why even bother with the Vita." did anyone look at Tri G's sales on 3DS, its not even close to the best selling MonHun

Its an enhanced port of a game that released in 2009 and it will break the 2 Million barrier.

Its also sold more in Japan than the Vita.

Tri G has done just fine on 3DS. MonHun 4 will break records.