By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War: A vs MGS Rising vs. DMC. The Ultimate Hack n Slash showdown!

Which game is the best?

God of War Ascension 211 54.38%

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengance 127 32.73%

DMC 50 12.89%

Total:388

To me the best hack and slash genre was always from GOW series. Dante's Inferno was my next personal best which looked like an inferior GOW clone. DMC 4 was my first game in the series which was also fine. As I haven't tried Metal Gear Rising yet, I'm not sure whether it actually tops GOWA. It looks decent enough with combat styles shown.

Around the Network

do you see my avatar?
Good

My vote goes to ASCENSION!!!

Never cared for the Metal Gear series, but Rising is so much different, and I thought the demo fun.

Only played DmC4, so I hold absolutely zero attachment to Dante or how me looks, but I personally think the new one looks bad ass.

Have never played any of the GoW games, but Ascension looks real good and the mutlipayer doesn't seem half bad.

Someone already mentioned this before, but NG3 Razor Edge demo was sick and SO much better than the NG3 demo. What NG3 should have been, but oh well.

Hard to pick a winner with only playing the demo for each besides GoW lol.

Never cared for the Metal Gear series, but Rising is so much different, and I thought the demo fun.

Only played DmC4, so I hold absolutely zero attachment to Dante or how me looks, but I personally think the new one looks bad ass.

Have never played any of the GoW games, but Ascension looks real good and the multiplayer doesn't seem half bad. 

Someone already mentioned this before, but NG3 Razor Edge demo was sick and SO much better than the NG3 demo. What NG3 should have been, but oh well.

GOWA and MGR already won, people voted with their wallets. Both games are in the opposite side of the hack and slash spectrum and are great at it.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

Have never played any of the GoW games, but Ascension looks real good and the multiplayer doesn't seem half bad. 

Is NG3 Razors Edge actually going to be awesome?  

I love NG 1 and 2 and stayed far away when I saw the terrible reviews for 3.  If Razors Edge is actually great Ill probably pick it up

DmC beats MGR for me.

Haven't played GOW Ascension, but if camera is still static and its interrupting gameplay every 30 seconds to be "cinematic" like all other GOW games...its gonna be on the bottom of this list for me.

Gonna be between DMC and MGS. i like god of war, but combat wise its a more dumbed down hack and slash to me. Plus Kratos kinda gets on my nerves.

pezus said:
Mad55 said:
Gonna be between DMC and MGS. i like god of war, but combat wise its a more dumbed down hack and slash to me. Plus Kratos kinda gets on my nerves.

You should really try Ascension...

Oh I plan to ive just only played the other to. Probably in a few weeks ill pick it up. I know they have supposedly refined the combat so ill see. 

The best high speed action hack and slash games out this year are Metal Gear Rising and the soon to be released Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge.

Meltal Gear Rising was the best high speed action hak and slash game to come out this year so far. The Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge demo was pure awesome and can't wait for the full game next mounth^^

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku