By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War: A vs MGS Rising vs. DMC. The Ultimate Hack n Slash showdown!

Which game is the best?

God of War Ascension 211 54.38%

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengance 127 32.73%

DMC 50 12.89%

Total:388

As much as I loved GOW, I always felt the combat got old after about an hour of playing each game. Not with Ascension though. It's now my favorite hack 'n' slash game ever (formerly Ninja Gaiden Sigma).

I've only played the demo of the other two. MGR seemed really good, so I'll pick it up a little later.

DMC seemed a lot like Heavenly Sword, which is good, but I was never a big fan of the DMC series. And now that they've made Dante a character from The Fast and the Furious, I doubt I'll ever buy it. Plus, my brother said it only took him 6 hours to finish and the 6 hours playing wasn't that enjoyable.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
pezus said:
Mad55 said:
Gonna be between DMC and MGS. i like god of war, but combat wise its a more dumbed down hack and slash to me. Plus Kratos kinda gets on my nerves.

You should really try Ascension...

Oh I plan to ive just only played the other to. Probably in a few weeks ill pick it up. I know they have supposedly refined the combat so ill see. 

Its still majorly dumbed down compared to DmC and MG Rising.

BenVTrigger said:
smroadkill15 said:

Never cared for the Metal Gear series, but Rising is so much different, and I thought the demo fun.

Only played DmC4, so I hold absolutely zero attachment to Dante or how me looks, but I personally think the new one looks bad ass.

Have never played any of the GoW games, but Ascension looks real good and the multiplayer doesn't seem half bad. 

Someone already mentioned this before, but NG3 Razor Edge demo was sick and SO much better than the NG3 demo. What NG3 should have been, but oh well.

Hard to pick a winner with only playing the demo for each besides GoW lol.

Is NG3 Razors Edge actually going to be awesome?  

I love NG 1 and 2 and stayed far away when I saw the terrible reviews for 3.  If Razors Edge is actually great Ill probably pick it up

Demo is on xbl/psn so try it yourself. Almost like playing an entirely new game. I only played the Ryu section, but that was enough for me to know it was fun. 

BenVTrigger said:
Mad55 said:
pezus said:
Mad55 said:
Gonna be between DMC and MGS. i like god of war, but combat wise its a more dumbed down hack and slash to me. Plus Kratos kinda gets on my nerves.

Oh I plan to ive just only played the other to. Probably in a few weeks ill pick it up. I know they have supposedly refined the combat so ill see. 

Disagree. At least compared to the demos of those two games (or past DMC games)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Yet to play Ascention (Played GOW 1, 2, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta to completion) and 45 mins in to GOW 3.

I hear theres very few weapons in Ascention (psp style huh, like 2 lousy weapons?) not important right now anyway.

Forget story.

Forget presentation.

For PURE GAMEPLAY.

DmC>> MG:R>>>> all God of Wars. (that i have completed)

Sorry, but the GOW's i have played thus far are not in the same league as games like DMC 1, DMC 3, Onimusha 1,2,3, Bayonetta, NG 1,2, Chaos Legion, DmC or even MGR:R.

GOW is better than Ninja Blade, Darksiders & Dante's Inferno however.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
BenVTrigger said:
Mad55 said:
pezus said:
Mad55 said:

Disagree. At least compared to the demos of those two games (or past DMC games)

Youve played the demos.

Ive actually played through all 3 games.  There isnt really much debate at all on that.  DmC and MG Rising both have vastly deeper move sets and combos.  While God of War is an amazing series deep combos and move lists has never been its strong point and this is definitly still the case

smroadkill15 said:
BenVTrigger said:
smroadkill15 said:

Never cared for the Metal Gear series, but Rising is so much different, and I thought the demo fun.

Only played DmC4, so I hold absolutely zero attachment to Dante or how me looks, but I personally think the new one looks bad ass.

Have never played any of the GoW games, but Ascension looks real good and the multiplayer doesn't seem half bad. 

Someone already mentioned this before, but NG3 Razor Edge demo was sick and SO much better than the NG3 demo. What NG3 should have been, but oh well.

I love NG 1 and 2 and stayed far away when I saw the terrible reviews for 3.  If Razors Edge is actually great Ill probably pick it up

Demo is on xbl/psn so try it yourself. Almost like playing an entirely new game. I only played the Ryu section, but that was enough for me to know it was fun. 

weird, for me it was like playing the same game, with blood and decapitations.    I was looking forward to buy it, but now I think I will just stay with my copy of the original NG3.

I feel like this should be the perfect topic for me to contribute to since:

- Metal Gear is one of my favourite videogame series of all time.
- Heavenly Sword is one of my favourite games of the gen.
- I'm a Sony fan.

But I won't be picking any of these 3 games up until they're at bargain bin prices.

I do enjoy being a patient gamer though. I picked up Ratchet: Q Force for £8 new today, nearly half price compared to when it was released. I was pleased, at least!

BenVTrigger said:
Mad55 said:
pezus said:
Mad55 said:

Im thinking the same thing though im guessing they have made it more challenging in terms of how you use his move list against enemies and he seems to have to be more defensive....does he? Im sure it wont compare to the others on the offensive though.

smroadkill15 said:
BenVTrigger said:
smroadkill15 said:

ayane to hard core for you lol

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku