By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War: A vs MGS Rising vs. DMC. The Ultimate Hack n Slash showdown!

Which game is the best?

God of War Ascension 211 54.38%

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengance 127 32.73%

DMC 50 12.89%

Total:388
platformmaster918 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Personally I love all 3 of them but as of right now I would have to pick Metal Gear.

I'm still at the very beginning of God of War Ascension though and that could change the farther I get into it

metal...Gear?

Whether people like Rising or not it is quite certainly part of the Metal Gear universe

Around the Network

Just started GOW:A and holy shit love the new combat system..challenging but fun :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

BenVTrigger said:
platformmaster918 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Personally I love all 3 of them but as of right now I would have to pick Metal Gear.

I'm still at the very beginning of God of War Ascension though and that could change the farther I get into it

metal...Gear?

Whether people like Rising or not it is quite certainly part of the Metal Gear universe

I know I was just quoting Snake

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
BenVTrigger said:
platformmaster918 said:
BenVTrigger said:

metal...Gear?

Oh lol my bad compley missed that one

I've only played the God of War III and Revengeance demos. I would have to say I preferred Revengeance, it seems more precise for a hack'n'slash.

Around the Network

Is this even a debate GoW is being panned for being GoW same combat system with a little tweaks and epic battles.
GoW:A hands down even with some bad reviews it's not even a comparison.

BenVTrigger said:
platformmaster918 said:
BenVTrigger said:
platformmaster918 said:
BenVTrigger said:

metal...Gear?

Oh lol my bad compley missed that one

OTACON WHAT THE EFF!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Technology appeals to me more than myths and demons. I don't like Kratos as a character so I haven't played a GOW game sine the PS2. I never liked the Devil May Cry games and I didn't care for the demo of the new one either. I'm a fan of the Metal Gear games and I loved the demo of Rising. I havn't picked it up yet because I don't want to pay full price for such a short game. But I will get it when it's cheaper.

So MGR:R for me.

Seems hard to choose between MG Rising and GoW:A. GoW has better gameplay but MG Rising actually has a story and great cutscenes.

I haven't played DMC, but I may get a copy in the near future.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

You say DMC but it sound like you're talking about DmC

I've played the demo of GoW:A and it seemed like more of the same and it kinda ran slow (most probably because I played it right after Rising which is faster and runs at higher FPS). I felt like the demo dragged on forever and I was happy when it ended... I don't know why because I liked the previous God of War games but that's what I felt like with this one.

I've played and finished DmC on PC only on Nephilim mode. I tried to play it in a way that I would make the most use of the different moves and stuff available and without resorting to the extremelly easy ways to get SSS in fights or using the glitches present in almost all levels to "fly" around the levels to finish missions extremelly fast but still... it was far from being as good or as exciting as the previous games for me and I thought the boss fights were kinda bad... almost as bad as DMC 2 boss fights with the exception of the final boss (as long as he doesn't glitch and stays frozen in the air or something like that). Never replayed the game on any other mode because... I didn't really like it :S

I've actually replayed MGR:Rising multiple times already (over 29 hours played and that clock doesn't count a lot of things so it's probably a lot more), finished Revengeance mode, cleared all VR missions getting first place, etc... and I'll keep playing it until I get all trophies...
I liked Rising, I liked the enemy desing, the boss fights were epic and pretty well designed (though I wish some of them lasted longer), the soundtrack is really cool, there are tons of stuff to unlock, lots of easter eggs, really funny (and a lot of) codec conversations, combat system is good (though it could be a bit better by adding some stuff like a better lock-on, realtime weapon switching mid combo, more combos for secondary weapons, etc.)
I think the cammera needs some work though, it can be crappy at times... specially when you consider that the parry mechanic depends on direction... and if the cammera is screwing around then it's harder to parry :S... the auto adjust of the camera is really bad... sometimes I have to keep moving it just so it doesn't auto adjust.

Well, whatever... none of them is perfect and at the end of the day, the game that makes the biggest profit is the most successful business wise, lol.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P