By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War: A vs MGS Rising vs. DMC. The Ultimate Hack n Slash showdown!

Which game is the best?

God of War Ascension 211 54.38%

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengance 127 32.73%

DMC 50 12.89%

Total:388

man I can't understand how anyone can like DmC 2013 it's the worst excuse for a hank and slash game in years.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
man I can't understand how anyone can like DmC 2013 it's the worst excuse for a hank and slash game in years.

Disagree the game was pretty brilliant to me

only played 2 out of the three:

I pick God of War: Ascension, the combat is the best of the series: like S.T.A.G.E. said in another thread "you can't just swing your blades til glory" you have to play smart. Edit: I'd also add the enemy Ai are smart; basic enemies can now block, dodge, some can even counter and grab you

MGR is fun and has much more over-the-top action, the only thing(s) I hated was the parry: it was even more broken than GoW: A and imo it need a dodge button

in the story department, they both were kind of bland...

Edit 2: Though I'm much more excited for Castlevania; Lord of Shadows II than the three listed in the thread!!!

I have yet to play any of them, already brought Ascention though. I will get MGR and DmC sometime in the future, as well as NGR3 and C:LoS(the sequel trailer looked so badass).

Damn a great year for this awesome genre. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

BenVTrigger said:

Youve played the demos.

Ive actually played through all 3 games.  There isnt really much debate at all on that.  DmC and MG Rising both have vastly deeper move sets and combos.  While God of War is an amazing series deep combos and move lists has never been its strong point and this is definitly still the case

Sure and I will play all three games with time too. But both the dmc and MGR demos give a good taste of what the combat is like. GOWA has changed the combat system a lot. It has a lot more depth, diversitty and the enemies are much tougher. This is why some reviewers were bitching about it. Besides I have played all previous DMC games and I've read the new one is actually much simpler in comparison. 

Guess we will just agree to disagree

ps: MGR demo highlighted some bad game design such as parry and break out of stun too. Unless it changed in the final game that is, which I doubt

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:

only played 2 out of the three:

I pick God of War: Ascension, the combat is the best of the series: like S.T.A.G.E. said in another thread "you can't just swing your blades til glory" you have to play smart. Edit: I'd also add the enemy Ai are smart; basic enemies can now block, dodge, some can even counter and grab you

MGR is fun and has much more over-the-top action, the only thing(s) I hated was the parry: it was even more broken than GoW: A and imo it need a dodge button

in the story department, they both were kind of bland...

Edit 2: Though I'm much more excited for Castlevania; Lord of Shadows II than the three listed in the thread!!!

A lot of people make this mistake. There is a dodge maneuver indeed in MGR.

BenVTrigger said:
hikaruchan said:

Disagree the game was pretty brilliant to me

Agreed

God of war ascension hands down, it destroys everything about rising and dmc, it is just so far ahead in it's genre it's not even funny, everything about it is so much better.

The people saying GOW mechanics are far ahead of Rising and DmC are hilarious.

Its an awesome game but extremely shallow compared to those two in terms of combat. That doesn't mean its worse but the move set alone isnt near either one of them

BenVTrigger said:

The people saying GOW mechanics are far ahead of Rising and DmC are hilarious.

Its an awesome game but extremely shallow compared to those two in terms of combat. That doesn't mean its worse but the move set alone isnt near either one of them

How so? The combat in god of war is way more fluid, brutal so how is it shallow?