By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War: A vs MGS Rising vs. DMC. The Ultimate Hack n Slash showdown!

Which game is the best?

God of War Ascension 211 54.38%

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengance 127 32.73%

DMC 50 12.89%

Total:388

People who think GOWA combat is shallow is full of it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
veritaz said:
BenVTrigger said:

The people saying GOW mechanics are far ahead of Rising and DmC are hilarious.

Its an awesome game but extremely shallow compared to those two in terms of combat. That doesn't mean its worse but the move set alone isnt near either one of them

How so? The combat in god of war is way more fluid, brutal so how is it shallow?

Its easier, slower, and has a smaller move / combo set than both of them

Again which one is "better" is opinion but Ascension isnt as deep of a combat engine end of story

Revengeance is not just the only game I care about from those 3, but also the first Metal Gear game I really want to play. My interest began when Platinum Games got involved, but the boss trailer was the one that sold me on it. It will be a while before I play it though, given how I don't even have a PS3 nor a 360... A good PC port would help...

In the mean time, I've enjoyed its great music on youtube. Mistral's theme in particular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tyc-Efgugs

BenVTrigger said:
veritaz said:
BenVTrigger said:

Its an awesome game but extremely shallow compared to those two in terms of combat. That doesn't mean its worse but the move set alone isnt near either one of them

How so? The combat in god of war is way more fluid, brutal so how is it shallow?

Again which one is "better" is opinion but Ascension isnt as deep of a combat engine end of story

Easier and slower..... sure..... whatever you wanna believe.

seiya19 said:

Revengeance is not just the only game I care about from those 3, but also the first Metal Gear game I really want to play. My interest began when Platinum Games got involved, but the boss trailer was the one that sold me on it. It will be a while before I play it though, given how I don't even have a PS3 nor a 360... A good PC port would help...

In the mean time, I've enjoyed its great music on youtube. Mistral's theme in particular:

Woah. That was incredible. I'll have to check out the rest of the game's soundtrack...

OT: I haven't played any of those games, but the only one I see myself playing any time in the future is DMC, so I voted for that. Just to see the results.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

I think that GOW combat is very deep. GOW has unblockable moves and you have to keep a strategy to fight enemies without taking a lot of damage. It's slower because you have to think about the way you attack an enemy or you will get hit a lot of times. It's a different approach. GOW is focused in following a strategy, keep a distance and finish the enemies in the best order to make things easier.

Rising is focused in blocking and unleashing hell when you get a shot at it. Can't compare with DMC since I didn't played it yet. They are pretty different in style, but I don't see any of them being simpler, both require a well played combat to succeed.

veritaz said:
BenVTrigger said:
veritaz said:
BenVTrigger said:

Believe?

Ive played through all 3 of them.......and GOW is my favorite Sony franchise.....

Its called im not biased and GOW is slower.  Significantly slower

Good games, but I'll take Metal Gear over the other two. I CUT WUT I WANT

Trunkin said:
seiya19 said:

Woah. That was incredible. I'll have to check out the rest of the game's soundtrack...

Glad to hear it. ^_^

By the way, in case someone is interested, that version of the song is not the same that appears on the "Vocal Tracks" album of the game... In fact, I still don't know what version is, even though is the best one to me. It might be a "custom" one, given how there's plenty of different versions on youtube... The game apparently uses more than one version of the themes for the bosses music, with parts that are instrumental only. I've heard some people claiming that it does this quite well.

Oh, and here's the boss trailer that sold me the game, with Japanese VA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdhZGOCY3Qg

The themes for Monsoon and Sundowner are also quite good...

BenVTrigger said:
veritaz said:
BenVTrigger said:
veritaz said:
BenVTrigger said:

Believe?

Ive played through all 3 of them.......and GOW is my favorite Sony franchise.....

Its called im not biased and GOW is slower.  Significantly slower

More to the fact of it being easier not the slower part, I don't care about that because even if a game has slower combat but it's still more fluid and better the winner is clearly the better combat,  And don't bring in biased it's laughable coming from someone like you.