By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War: A vs MGS Rising vs. DMC. The Ultimate Hack n Slash showdown!

Which game is the best?

God of War Ascension 211 54.38%

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengance 127 32.73%

DMC 50 12.89%

Total:388

It ultimately depends on how you evaluate your games. Based on review scores, DmC was the highest reviewed game. I keep hearing people praise God of War, but ultimately that game barely scraped into 80/100. That dosen't give me much confidence for the game in comparison to the other two. Either way I haven't seen God of War or MGR combat videos like these yet:

Theres a few things I'm sure each game does better than the other. God of War's puzzles genuinely seem a lot better than anything in the other games, but combat wise I don't see God of War reaching the same standard as DmC's mechanics. In the case of MGR the system seems a bit restrictive in terms of secondary weapon usage, I think DmC probably does better combat personally.

Around the Network
A203D said:
It ultimately depends on how you evaluate your games. Based on review scores, DmC was the highest reviewed game. I keep hearing people praise God of War, but ultimately that game barely scraped into 80/100. That dosen't give me much confidence for the game in comparison to the other two. Either way I haven't seen God of War or MGR combat videos like these yet:

Theres a few things I'm sure each game does better than the other. God of War's puzzles genuinely seem a lot better than anything in the other games, but combat wise I don't see God of War reaching the same standard as DmC's mechanics. In the case of MGR the system seems a bit restrictive in terms of secondary weapon usage, I think DmC probably does better combat personally.

God of War is more stripped down and tactical now (To balance out the powerstone-style multiplayer). DMC is good for flashy combos, MGR is good for the fast paced, adrenaline rushed style combat and God of War is your more tactical, survival style hack n slash compared based on what move works to the specific moments compared to the overpowered Kratos of the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSTNrrNBK-Y

When it comes to sheer hack n slash/action gameplay, MGR takes the crown easily. But being that its barely 5-6 hours long, has no MP, horrible, boring level design, I'll have to go with Ascension. It feels like a more complete game than MGR

seiya19 said:
hikaruchan said:

lol kojima-san says a lot o things to different interviews don't take that to hart. if he wonted English va he would use it in al versions of mg games and not bother with  Japanese va like capcom with biohazard(resdent evil).

Well, it could be just a business decision in order to sell more in Japan... But I guess you're right. If it were that important to him, he would take the Resident Evil route.

hikaruchan said:

no it was to avoid a Zrating PG said it was done for cencership since konami didn't wont to publish a Z raed version in japan since same shops wont stock them

I know that they apparently focused on having cyborgs as enemies instead of humans to avoid the dreaded Z rating, but for some reason I thought they also had to avoid the use of red blood in general... But now that I remember, Resident Evil games are rated D there with some censorship, so things like dismemberment and decapitations are what get you a Z rating. Still, it seems like they could've gone with the white blood on all versions and get away with it by justifying it through the story/setting...

biohazard(RE) 4 had head dicapitation removied due to D not allowing head decapion of humans but biohazard 5 and were D rated without any cenorship at all. dismemberment is ok if no decapitation for example Ninja gaiden Sigma 2 had ismemberment of all humans but no decapitation of humans in JP version since it was D. Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge is Z so fully uncensord with full dismemberment and decapitation of all ennamys with lots red blood.

dismemberment and decapitation with a lot of red blood is what gets Z, MGR PG didn't take any of the combat or finshing or blade choping out all they did was palit swop the red blood for white for cyborgs(exept sam) to make it seem they were less human. and I agree they could have done that because of mgs4, but Kojima-san PG wonted to do a full onultra violent high speed hank and slash action game in the vain of ninja gaiden. so konami should have gone for example the no more heros red zone, lollipop chainsaw primium edition, Ninja gaiden Razors Edge rute of Z rating since Z is is tabue then a few years ago.       

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

hikaruchan said:

biohazard(RE) 4 had head dicapitation removied due to D not allowing head decapion of humans but biohazard 5 and were D rated without any cenorship at all. dismemberment is ok if no decapitation for example Ninja gaiden Sigma 2 had ismemberment of all humans but no decapitation of humans in JP version since it was D. Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge is Z so fully uncensord with full dismemberment and decapitation of all ennamys with lots red blood.

dismemberment and decapitation with a lot of red blood is what gets Z, MGR PG didn't take any of the combat or finshing or blade choping out all they did was palit swop the red blood for white for cyborgs(exept sam) to make it seem they were less human. and I agree they could have done that because of mgs4, but Kojima-san PG wonted to do a full onultra violent high speed hank and slash action game in the vain of ninja gaiden. so konami should have gone for example the no more heros red zone, lollipop chainsaw primium edition, Ninja gaiden Razors Edge rute of Z rating since Z is is tabue then a few years ago.       

If I'm not mistaken, Resident Evil 5 removed decapitations everywhere, right ? And Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 toned down its gore elements compared to the original, correct ? I wonder how much of these changes had to do with ratings and how much of it was up to the developers...

But of course, if the game was meant to have red blood, then I agree that it should've been released as a Z rated game, at least along with a D rated version. I've always been against censorship and will probably always be...

Player1x3 said:
But being that its barely 5-6 hours long...

I don't know how much Revengeance is for most people, but let's not forget about this:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/10365-inaba-comments-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-short-play-time-rumors.html

Around the Network
seiya19 said:
hikaruchan said:

If I'm not mistaken, Resident Evil 5 removed decapitations everywhere, right ? And Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 toned down its gore elements compared to the original, correct ? I wonder how much of these changes had to do with ratings and how much of it was up to the developers...

But of course, if the game was meant to have red blood, then I agree that it should've been released as a Z rated game, at least along with a D rated version. I've always been against censorship and will probably always be...

yes  Bio(RE)5 had no  decapitation in death scens worldwide because i asume what hapend to 4, 6 is 100% the same to worldwide. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 toned down its blood  and gore to get 720P 60FPS with dynamic lighting on PS3(xbox 360 585p fixed lighting 60FPS) as well as to try to help sales in asia If i remember  corectley I hae JP version and no decapitation of human enamys to get a D but the us version left them in but unlike the 360 version when the head comes off it's like a black hole lol they just used a black emty space insted of using a blueish purple one like the other limbs in place o the original red. 98%  of jp games are fine with D uncencsord but theres at 2% that thiese games fit into but hopfully this will be lesss and less of a probluum with Z beeing less tabue of late. I had to get 2 versions of MGR because  of this sadly but oh well lol   

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku